Username
Password
Hip-Hop News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hip-Hop
Inside AP.net

Macklemore Apologizes to Kendrick Lamar for Winning

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/27/14)
Macklemore sent a text to Kendrick Lamar apologizing for winning best rap album at the Grammys last night.
My text to Kendrick after the show. He deserved best rap albumÖ Iím honored and completely blown away to win anything much less 4 Grammys. But in that category, he should have won IMO. And thatís taking nothing away from The Heist. Just giving GKMC itís proper respect.. With that being said, thank you to the fans. Youíre the reason we were on that stage tonight. And to play Same Love on that platform was a career highlight. The greatest honor of all. Thatís what this is about. Progress and art. Thank you. #grammys

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 269
10:59 AM on 01/27/14
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Even he fucking admits it. Damn white people.
11:00 AM on 01/27/14
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
That's cool that he did that.

KL definitely should have won..
11:04 AM on 01/27/14
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
I mean, reading this makes me less irritated about him winning, but my irritation in the first place was directed at the people who gave him the award, not Macklemore himself.

Kendrick should have won, and if not him, then Kanye.
11:05 AM on 01/27/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I mean, reading this makes me less irritated about him winning, but my irritation in the first place was directed at the people who gave him the award, not Macklemore himself.

Yup. It's bullshit but I'm glad Macklemore is humble.
11:05 AM on 01/27/14
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
11:06 AM on 01/27/14
billysurvive
aimless arrow.
User Info.
I gained a few respect points for him on this. I mean, he didn't necessarily do anything wrong, but.
11:06 AM on 01/27/14
Timekeeper
Writer
User Info.

All that needs to be said. Still, props to Mr. Lemore.
11:08 AM on 01/27/14
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
I do not understand Kendrick Lamar's shit. Everyone seems to be so high up on him, but he's just another rapper that puts on a fake accent and raps. What is it with this trend shit? I don't get it at all, there's so much better hip hop out there.
11:10 AM on 01/27/14
Grub
User Info.
I do not understand Kendrick Lamar's shit. Everyone seems to be so high up on him, but he's just another rapper that puts on a fake accent and raps. What is it with this trend shit? I don't get it at all, there's so much better hip hop out there.
thank you! I think hes average I do not get the hype
11:12 AM on 01/27/14
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
thank you! I think hes average I do not get the hype
His album is an actual ALBUM. So many people in hip hop don't do that anymore sadly.
11:13 AM on 01/27/14
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
This text is cringeworthy. Sounds like some dumb college bro wrote it. Also, how do you act humble and then post your shit on instagram for everyone to see?
11:14 AM on 01/27/14
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
The subject matter of his material is something that harkens back to the "golden age" of hip-hop when a lot of records were about struggle and systematic oppression. Lots of people can't get over the nasally voice he puts on occasionally, and I understand that. But the reason the record is so good is because the subject matter is fantastic, his flow is fantastic, and the production is fantastic.
11:14 AM on 01/27/14
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
User Info.
The sparkle of Macklemore's sentiment is completely ruined by the fact that he had to let everyone know that he texted Lamar.
11:15 AM on 01/27/14
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
User Info.
This text is cringeworthy. Sounds like some dumb college bro wrote it. Also, how do you act humble and then post your shit on instagram for everyone to see?
Beat me to it. Macklemore is quickly becoming obnoxious.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests