Username
Password
No Sleep Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
No Sleep Records
Inside AP.net

No Sleep Records Looking for Interns

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/29/14)
No Sleep Records is looking for interns.
No Sleep Records is currently seeking interns to assist us at our Huntington Beach office. We are looking for interns who are positive, self-motivated, punctual, and team players. Multitasking, good problem solver, a sense of humor, and a willingness to learn in a fast paced, growing environment, are key to this position. Experience with photoshop, html, Microsoft Office, and proficiency with Apple products is a huge plus, as is any previous warehouse experience. This is an unpaid position and applicants must be 18 years of age or older, live in the Orange County area, and have a reliable form of transportation. To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to sean@nosleeprecords.com

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
10:50 AM on 01/29/14
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
User Info.
unpaid.
10:58 AM on 01/29/14
eriatarka24
User Info.
Would absolutely be perfect for this position, but considering I don't live there...sigh
11:10 AM on 01/29/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

Yet they still expect you to submit a resume, cover letter and 3 references plus have a reliable form of transportation (cars are expensive, I still can't afford a car) which I think is ridiculous... I hate how this is becoming the norm in almost all of the "creative" fields. Not hating on the label, just the whole culture/industry that allows this sort of thing to go on.
11:13 AM on 01/29/14
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
Yet they still expect you to submit a resume, cover letter and 3 references plus have a reliable form of transportation (cars are expensive, I still can't afford a car) which I think is ridiculous... I hate how this is becoming the norm in almost all of the "creative" fields. Not hating on the label, just the whole culture/industry that allows this sort of thing to go on.
Interns need to be reliable individuals that you can count on, and trust with sensitive information. You can not just let anyone intern at a company.
11:16 AM on 01/29/14
ths<3bts4onlyu
I need a different rhythm.
User Info.
I'd kill for this internship, even though it's unpaid, but I wonder how important living in the OC is?
I'm LA local and make a formidable commute to my uni anyway, so making that extra few miles to Huntington is small fry for me.
Otherwise I decently quality, and even have previous label experience. Looks like a great experience.

Thoughts?
11:18 AM on 01/29/14
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
I'd kill for this internship, even though it's unpaid, but I wonder how important living in the OC is?
I'm LA local and make a formidable commute to my uni anyway, so making that extra few miles to Huntington is small fry for me.
Otherwise I decently quality, and even have previous label experience. Looks like a great experience.

Thoughts?
Feel free to send a resume in still.
11:28 AM on 01/29/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Interns need to be reliable individuals that you can count on, and trust with sensitive information. You can not just let anyone intern at a company.

What about going through colleges/universities? Up here in Winnipeg, Canada I went through the Creative Communications program at Red River College where work placements were part of the program and I'm sure you could find some trustworthy people that way. I get that you need trustworthy people, but at the exact same time I don't like that those people aren't getting paid for their efforts. I think companies/businesses in the creative fields expect way too much of their interns and it personally bothers me.

And like I said I'm not hating on you in particular, pretty much everyone does this.
01:28 PM on 01/29/14
JoeShow
It's time for drastic measures
User Info.
Feel free to send a resume in still.
how often do you have paying jobs open up? real full time jobs?
04:07 PM on 01/29/14
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Wish more UK labels did this, would be perfect.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests