Username
Password
Band Break-Up News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Band Break-Up
Inside AP.net

Cinema Sleeps Breaks Up, Post One Last Song

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/29/14)
Cinema Sleep has broken-up, but recorded one last song before doing so (it's in the replies).

Submitted by B.Leibo

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
10:56 AM on 01/29/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:04 AM on 01/29/14
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Sucks, but it was inevitable with these guys :(. Their first release was pretty good, but the full length was really lacking, and they never really seemed to have a team behind them at all. I would rarely ever hear about them.
11:15 AM on 01/29/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Yeah it was bound to happen, the one's with potential tend to go... still obsessed with their EP and sad to see them go though.
12:37 PM on 01/29/14
strikefirefall
User Info.
Never heard of them before, but I like it.
12:59 PM on 01/29/14
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
This... Reminds me a little of Anberlin
01:10 PM on 01/29/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
This was their 'big' song

05:22 PM on 01/29/14
strikefirefall
User Info.
This was their 'big' song

I just went and got their album and EP. I like the lead singer's voice.
06:55 PM on 01/29/14
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
Sucks, but it was inevitable with these guys :(. Their first release was pretty good, but the full length was really lacking, and they never really seemed to have a team behind them at all. I would rarely ever hear about them.
Agreed. The EP was great, but the full length just sounded tired and lacked that energy and raw heaviness that was present in their EP.
05:00 AM on 01/30/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Agreed. The EP was great, but the full length just sounded tired and lacked that energy and raw heaviness that was present in their EP.
Yeah its because they signed with a new label and production was pulled an entirely different direction
06:24 AM on 01/30/14
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Production killed the LP, still sad though. Had loads of potential but frankly these days I've learned not to get hyped over bands - they all go so quick.

Also interesting to note, there are now almost no bands left that were on the scene these past years in the realm of "super melodic post hardcore" with Life On Repeat, Conditions, Secret And Whisper, Saosin, For This Cause, Built On Secrets, and now Cinema Sleep gone. Is a damn shame because it's far and away my favourite style of music.
12:37 PM on 01/30/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Production killed the LP, still sad though. Had loads of potential but frankly these days I've learned not to get hyped over bands - they all go so quick.

Also interesting to note, there are now almost no bands left that were on the scene these past years in the realm of "super melodic post hardcore" with Life On Repeat, Conditions, Secret And Whisper, Saosin, For This Cause, Built On Secrets, and now Cinema Sleep gone. Is a damn shame because it's far and away my favourite style of music.
Eh theres a few, I'd throw Broadway and I The Mighty in there., its pretty vague categorization though.
08:28 AM on 01/31/14
WeltallAY
User Info.
Eh theres a few, I'd throw Broadway and I The Mighty in there., its pretty vague categorization though.
True, but Broadway has changed quite a bit and I'm not into ITM. I'm thinking more the ambient-esque ones with soaring vocals. CS is not quite at the levels in this respect as the other bands I mentioned I suppose.
10:14 AM on 01/31/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
True, but Broadway has changed quite a bit and I'm not into ITM. I'm thinking more the ambient-esque ones with soaring vocals. CS is not quite at the levels in this respect as the other bands I mentioned I suppose.
"not into ITM"...

does not comprehend.
10:51 AM on 01/31/14
WeltallAY
User Info.
"not into ITM"...

does not comprehend.
Haha, yeah I have the EPs and LP but it's all a bit average for me - don't LOVE it like most of AP. It's definitely pleasing, nice stuff but only a few songs do much for me.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests