Username
Password
Recording News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

Linkin Park Planning To Release New Album This Summer

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (02/03/14)
Linkin Park are recording a new album and aiming to release it this summer.

Submitted by deanster321

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37.
03:26 PM on 02/03/14
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
Cool. Living Things was an improvement over A Thousand Suns in my opinion. They haven't got an album I dislike though, so excited for this.
03:38 PM on 02/03/14
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I personally feel that A Thousand Suns is their best album as a whole, it disappointed me somewhat how they lost all the atmosphere and depth on Living Things, which I just couldn't get into. I did enjoy A Light That Never Comes though.

Not working with Rick Rubin is a pretty good step to change things up. Whatever happens, they know how to write a good song, so I'll look forward to this.
03:40 PM on 02/03/14
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Living Things was a step in the right direction and had their most solid songs since Meteora so I hope they'll keep improving.
03:50 PM on 02/03/14
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
i've got faith in this.
03:51 PM on 02/03/14
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Kind of interested in seeing what results from them "jamming" instead of piecing songs together
03:55 PM on 02/03/14
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
I'm probably the only one in here who thinks Minutes To Midnight is by far their best record. They were great at impersonating U2...
04:06 PM on 02/03/14
owenslugworth
User Info.
I have loved everything this band had ever done up to Living Things. That album was such a let down for me. It has some really good songs (Lost In the Echo, Lies Greed Misery, Victimized, Until It Breaks) but everything else is pretty forgettable to me. A Thousand Suns is my favorite LP album and Living Things was just a huge step backwards in my eyes. I don't like "A Light That Never Comes" either. But if they're experimenting and doing new things, then I'm really looking forward to this album then.
04:18 PM on 02/03/14
Wayne Warren
One lump or two ?
User Info.
My brother will be happy.

A Thousand Suns was superb. Living Things was mediocre with some stand out few tracks.

That's just me though. I'll give them another spin.
05:46 PM on 02/03/14
Fox83
User Info.
Living Things was the first album I enjoyed since Meteora. It had the experimentation of A Thousand Suns, except it was actually somewhat memorable/catchy.
06:00 PM on 02/03/14
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
A Thousand Suns is absolutely their best album (if not at least tied with Hybrid Theory) while Living Things is probably their weakest. It felt like a step back from the growth and experimentation of ATS.

That being said, they're still one of my favorite bands and I'm damn excited for this.

(Hopefully we finally get a second Fort Minor album after.)
06:09 PM on 02/03/14
dirty sanchez
Whatever else you do, stay true
User Info.
Surprised for the praise in here.
06:35 PM on 02/03/14
js977
js977
User Info.
i tried to be open to MTM and thought it was a solid album, but i haven't really fallen for anything by LP since meteora. I'll definitely at least check this out though; I like chester too much to give up on him.
I thought Living Things was somewhat of a return to form, but I still need to be convinced it wasn't just an attempt to regain some old thunder. Anything is a step up from A Thousand Suns though, that thing was a mess in my opinion.
06:36 PM on 02/03/14
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
Surprised for the praise in here.
I'm more surprised by the lack of "LP ripped off Radiohead on ATS" comments. This site is coming around on LP for some strange reason. Whatever, they're still my favorite band.
06:37 PM on 02/03/14
dirty sanchez
Whatever else you do, stay true
User Info.
I'm more surprised by the lack of "LP ripped off Radiohead on ATS" comments. This site is coming around on LP for some strange reason. Whatever, they're still my favorite band.
Oh, I like a lot of their work too, with ATS being my favorite. It's just odd, because with the last LP news I remember seeing most of the comments being negative.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS