Atlanta Rhythm Section - "Spooky"
Georgia Satellites - "Battleship Chains"
11:34 AM on 02/07/14
Ryan Dennehy
Where's skynard
11:38 AM on 02/07/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Not here obviously. I like them just fine but a. everyone knows Skynyrd and b. I didn't want to be too heavy-handed on the classic era of southern rock
11:43 AM on 02/07/14
Ryan Dennehy
Not here obviously. I like them just fine but a. everyone knows Skynyrd and b. I didn't want to be too heavy-handed on the classic era of southern rock
I honestly don't think I like them so I was kind of half joking haha. I'll have to listen to this soon because I have listened to exactly zero of any of these bands
11:46 AM on 02/07/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
I honestly don't think I like them so I was kind of half joking haha. I'll have to listen to this soon because I have listened to exactly zero of any of these bands
lol there is absolutely no way you've never heard a single neil young or ccr or allman brothers song
Ryan Dennehy
lol there is absolutely no way you've never heard a single neil young or ccr or allman brothers song
Never intentionally
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
Gin Blossoms
11:47 AM on 02/07/14
cshadows2887
User Info.
Oh my god. Dude. Oh my god.
11:49 AM on 02/07/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Surprised about Young not as much the other two
11:49 AM on 02/07/14
Ryan Dennehy
Oh my god. Dude. Oh my god.
Whoopsies
12:23 PM on 02/07/14
richcasper
User Info.
What an excellent playlist. I love that you threw in Ryan Adams, Lucero, Jason Isbell and Justin Townes Earle. Not to mention CCR, who was from right here in the SF Bay Area. Great job, Chris.

PS - If you're into stuff like this (I.E. Great rock n roll/americana), PLEASE check out my band and 'Like' us on Facebook! We're called The Bay City Saints and have our record up for a free download at the link below. Thanks!

thebaycitysaints.bandcamp.com
02:17 PM on 02/07/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Any songs you hadn't heard before?

I hadn't heard that Neil Young song, mostly just because I'm not really a huge fan of Young's and haven't ever really delved very deeply into his catalog beyond like, After the Gold Rush. I also haven't heard anything from the Bottle Rockets and haven't spent as much time with either of the Earles as I know I should. And I don't think I've gotten around to the live Isbell record yet, so that was a nice twist on a song I already love.
02:22 PM on 02/07/14
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
I live in rural Texas, and in the nearest "city," the only so-called music scene consists of people who THINK they play "southern rock" but really just play country. That and a whole bunch of copycat heavy metal bands. It's lame, and pretty isolating.
I enjoy this playlist. I was raised on an assortment of Stevie Ray Vaughan, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and a shit-ton of 80s hair bands. And I've always, always loved that Wallflowers album.
02:42 PM on 02/07/14
cshadows2887
User Info.
I hadn't heard that Neil Young song, mostly just because I'm not really a huge fan of Young's and haven't ever really delved very deeply into his catalog beyond like, After the Gold Rush. I also haven't heard anything from the Bottle Rockets and haven't spent as much time with either of the Earles as I know I should. And I don't think I've gotten around to the live Isbell record yet, so that was a nice twist on a song I already love.
I'm legitimately surprised you don't dig Neil.
03:03 PM on 02/07/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I'm legitimately surprised you don't dig Neil.
I know, right? It doesn't really make any sense considering my tastes. I just don't really care for his voice.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests