Username
Password
TV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
TV
Inside AP.net

White Denim Perform Live on "Conan"

Posted by: Chris Collum (02/07/14)
Watch the fantastic White Denim perform "At Night in Dreams," from last year's Corsicana Lemonade, live on "Conan".

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
03:20 PM on 02/07/14
alecesp09
User Info.
underrated in the game
03:21 PM on 02/07/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
underrated in the game
Absolutely. They put out one of the best records of last year and it was pretty much universally ignored by all critics/media outlets/everyone else too.
06:04 PM on 02/07/14
alecesp09
User Info.
Absolutely. They put out one of the best records of last year and it was pretty much universally ignored by all critics/media outlets/everyone else too.
Agreed. I don't understand it
09:33 PM on 02/07/14
elemenohpe
Two pumps and a swirl.
User Info.
I first heard of this band on Rocksmith. Didn't play their song much until it came up as a weekly challenge on the forums. The song is mildly catchy but pretty fun to play... the riffs were very "juicy" (to quote Jack Black). The song didn't really register with me so I never really followed up on them...

I DVR Conan so, when I saw they were the musical guest on last nights episode I decided I'd check it out.

Damn.

They didn't put on the best "show" but that song was tight. Musically engaging and very well crafted song. I'm def going to be checking out Corsicana Lemonade.
10:30 AM on 02/09/14
harveyn590
User Info.

Agreed. I don't understand it
Insanely underrated, for me one of the best rock bands of our time.

I think the challenge is that they were a 'buzz band' in 2009, got pretty big in London, and the blogs picked up on them then. As they developed (and got better and better in my opinion) they moved further away from the sound that press would cover. I actually respect pitchfork for not reviewing this one. After giving good reviews to 4 previous releases, to bash this and call it dad rock was just not needed.

Theyre in a weird spot where they are sort of having to re-establish their fanbase a little bit.

But I think little by little theyre finding their people, and I that they are goddamn amazing live can only help!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests