AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
10:25 PM on 02/09/14
GautamT
User Info.
Good review, that's exactly how i feel about the record. Every time i listen to it, i find it a bit more endearing and i find myself humming a new verse each time, but one of my friends is already mocking me for listening to an album with lyrics like "Is he here? Are you making out? I can you hear you guys on the couch, Shut up. Make out. Do something already. I'm waiting"
10:36 PM on 02/09/14
GautamT
User Info.
That's definitely my overarching point. At the end of the day, who cares? Not everything you enjoy now has to be something you'll enjoy in a decade.
Fair point. Still a good record and seeing the progression after Sports, i'm genuinely looking forward to their next release
09:23 AM on 02/12/14
GautamT
User Info.
Alright, since my first few comments right after you published this review, i can honestly say I've started enjoying this record even more, even if it was just playing in the background here and there, i would stop what i was doing and listen, it is honestly a good album. And like i said earlier sure, some of the lyrics are atrocious, but i feel like we're all just gluing ourselves to those particular lyrics that have already been pointed out, yes, they're awful, but some of the other lyrics on the album, although not poetic in any manner, feel really earnest and honest and that kind of comes across through the music as well. Take it for it is, a well made, musically tight album that has a few lows but a lot more highs
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums