Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 15 posts.
10:17 PM on 02/09/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Good review. I've only listened to ths album once so far but I enjoyed it and will definitely be revisiting it soon. Also, I'm pretty sure the other vocalist on "Your Graduation" is their drummer, Sean Huber, not Ian Farmer. He also fronts his own band, Steady Hands, and it definitely sounds like him.
An oversight on my part. I changed this a little before you commented.
10:27 PM on 02/09/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Good review, that's exactly how i feel about the record. Every time i listen to it, i find it a bit more endearing and i find myself humming a new verse each time, but one of my friends is already mocking me for listening to an album with lyrics like "Is he here? Are you making out? I can you hear you guys on the couch, Shut up. Make out. Do something already. I'm waiting"
That's definitely my overarching point. At the end of the day, who cares? Not everything you enjoy now has to be something you'll enjoy in a decade.
10:50 PM on 02/09/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Excellent, excellent review Thomas- basically encapsulates everything I want to like about this record.

For me, it's a double-edged sword; the lyrics are often relatable or absurdly specific, the vocals either fitting or off-putting. I guess my biggest problem is that while this may be one of the best albums to come from this "genre" yet, it still doesn't do much (if anything) to separate itself from the Front-Bottoms or Tiny Moving Parts of McCafferty. I will say that "Charlie Black" and "Your Graduation" are near-classics. and that closer is gorgeous. I sincerely hate"Going to Bed Now" though.
I prefer this band to Front Bottoms. TMP is great, but I don't feel like Modern Baseball has to distinguish itself from that band because they're coming up at the same time. Definitely cannot stand McCafferty though.
07:47 AM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Kanye and Beyonce mention Instagram on their albums too
Lots of lyrics like that are just super "in the now." Jay Z rapping about Miley twerking isn't supposed to last forever, haha.
09:55 AM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
After being submitted to chl@e or whatever the fuck the song on the last album was, there isn't a chance I ever listen to this dogshit band again.
This band is the disney singalong cassette of scene punk
God that was one of the most embarrassing songs I've ever heard :(
The record, like all records, and the band, like all bands, is not for everyone. That doesn't mean you have to put it down so harshly. It's just not for you. Big deal?
10:05 AM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
you've never ever ever ever ever talked poorly of a record online. stop being bias because the band are "nice guys"
ridiculous to say i've never written something negative about a record. the band members sure seem like nice dudes but i've met them one time in passing so i can't say i have a relationship with any of them at all. the extent of me knowing them is limited to one song i premiered on fuse.

truly have no idea what you're talking about. but you're making yourself seem like an asshole by saying that i wrote a positive review for any other reason than me liking the album. however, a guy on the internet making himself seem like an asshole is more or less as surprising as two people disagreeing on what they think of a record. so...you know...no big deal!
10:08 AM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
i rarely ever write album reviews at all anymore so i'm going to *probably* pick out albums that i like when i'm reviewing. if you can't grasp that then i don't really know what to tell you. if i felt obligated to review more records you would of course see more criticism from me personally.

however i think i do a pretty good job of pointing out the many faults this record has even though i like it a lot. i feel like because of that, you kind of have to consider the review to be pretty objective.
10:22 AM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
i think some of you need to turn your sarcasm detectors on
wasn't exactly a good sarcasm attempt
12:00 PM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
oh my god a band mentioned twitter and instagram in their lyrics clearly that makes them the worst band ever.

i rather enjoy this record, more every time i listen to it.
03:21 PM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Yes that band does in fact suck but, again, for a plethora of reasons outside of that.
you treating your opinion as fact is easily the worst development from 2012 that's still going on
05:14 PM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
people give their opinions now without saying "in my opinion" ad nauseam. welcome to 2009 and the Internet.
"Yes that band does in fact suck but, again, for a plethora of reasons outside of that."

Eheh
05:23 PM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
At least pat didn't say you don't have a soul for liking this record :)
"if Modern Baseball doesn't remind you why you fell in love with whatever you loved back in 200X...."
06:55 AM on 02/11/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
this guy is so much better at writing album reviews than i am
10:37 AM on 02/13/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
absolutely got burned listening to that song at the exact moment you called me out on it. very on point review sir.
hahaha i love that
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News