AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Kanye West News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

"The College Dropout" Turns 10

Posted by - 08:19 AM on 02/10/14
Kanye West's The College Dropout was released 10 years ago today. Share your memories of the album in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 171
08:20 AM on 02/10/14
jimjam32
www.myspace.com/withhonorsmusic
User Info.
I'm old.
08:22 AM on 02/10/14
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Damn. I remember my friend in '04 telling me about his brother getting into this rapper named Kanye West who was like no one else but thought he was the greatest human being on earth. Time flies. I've been revisiting this album a lot lately. Slow Jamz might still be one of my favorite Kanye songs.
08:23 AM on 02/10/14
Star Slight
User Info.
Through the Wire coming on MTV every morning before school. Dope. Remember taking my cousin's copy of the album and playing it down my basement while I played pool. Had to turn it off when my parents walked in because he cursed
08:25 AM on 02/10/14
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Was given a burned copy of this when it first came out and literally listened to it until it started peeling right off the disc. Amazing album. Great memories.
08:31 AM on 02/10/14
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So Kanye created art on February 10th, 2004. Crazzzyyyyy
08:34 AM on 02/10/14
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
Slow Jamz might still be one of my favorite Kanye songs.
i agree slow jamz might be my fave too
scoyne327
User Info.
Weird. My buddy and I decided to only listen to Kanye this week and I started this morning with The College Dropout. Such a killer album.
Nardes
User Info.
Wow. Will definitely spin this today
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
I remember hearing Jesus Walks and Slow Jamz in my cousin's car. I had never heard of Kanye. He told me this guy did the beat to Izzo and some other good stuff. I went and pick up the CD and I have been a big fan ever since. I will bump this album today.
08:35 AM on 02/10/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I'll never forget the first time I heard all the kids singing "drug dealing just to get by" on a cd my sister just bought. Good shit.
08:39 AM on 02/10/14
gonfreaks
User Info.
I remember seeing the video for Through The Wire on MTV and knowing that I had to have this record. Ten years later, Kanye remains one of my favorite artists. I'll be spinning this all day.
08:45 AM on 02/10/14
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
Will always be his best release.
08:46 AM on 02/10/14
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
Maybe my favorite Kanye release but certainly not his best.
08:49 AM on 02/10/14
patsebanc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I remember being 12 years old watching MTV and All Falls Down came on for the first time and I was just caught immediately. That simple acoustic guitar and voice combined with semi-conscious rap lyrics from some dude whose name I wasn't sure how to say. I remember coming home from the school the next couple weeks and immediate turning on MTV in hopes to see that video again. This was before I knew how to find music on the internet...I had no idea this artist would become who he is today and have such an impact on music. Say what you want about Kanye's antics, beliefs, overall pompous attitude-he almost always backs it up with his music and has create a place for rap music to evolve and not be afraid to test those boundaries that have been put in place. You can badmouth his music and him personally and all of the above and more, but you can't deny his passion and ultimately that is the most admirable thing you can find in a musician and that's what makes Kanye an inspiration for me

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos