AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hip-Hop News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

'Rolling Stone' Put Philip Seymour Hoffman on Its Cover, Drake Isn't...

Posted by - 09:14 AM on 02/13/14
Drake was due to appear on the cover of the newest issue of Rolling Stone (the magazine teased its interview with him yesterday), but RS ended up using the cover to pay tribute to the late Philip Seymour Hoffman. Drake isn't happy about that, tweeting that not only were his comments about Yeezus not intended for print, but the following as well:
They also took my cover from me last minute and ran the issue. .... I'm disgusted with that. RIP to Phillip Seymour Hoffman. All respect due. But the press is evil.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 201
09:15 AM on 02/13/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
09:16 AM on 02/13/14
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
The world owes you nothing.
09:16 AM on 02/13/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
He has a point imo. I hate RS
09:17 AM on 02/13/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
The world owes you nothing.
lol what in the world
09:17 AM on 02/13/14
RabidNewz
User Info.
09:18 AM on 02/13/14
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
09:19 AM on 02/13/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
He has a point imo. I hate RS
i'd be more inclined to see his point if the switch wasn't in memoriam of an important cultural figure - if it was for another rapper, another entertainer, then i would empathize with him. but this is the sort of thing that i think you should maybe think to yourself and your confidants and not necessarily tweet.
09:19 AM on 02/13/14
EASheartsVinyl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow, what a selfish reaction. I'm a little sickened. I'm sure Drake will have many magazine covers in his future, and to call them EVIL for paying tribute to one of our greatest actors? Just awful.
09:20 AM on 02/13/14
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
Good Lord. Wah Wah Wah. A man is dead who was in his forties, who was an amazing actor. You aren't on the cover of Rolling Stone(It's not like you won't be in the future) Who has it worse Drake? Grow up.
09:22 AM on 02/13/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
i'd be more inclined to see his point if the switch wasn't in memoriam of an important cultural figure - if it was for another rapper, another entertainer, then i would empathize with him. but this is the sort of thing that i think you should maybe think to yourself and your confidants and not necessarily tweet.
Doesn't sound like they gave him any notice. Surely they've been planning on using the PSH cover for at least a week or two. He's frustrated and he has every right to be and maybe he should've kept it to himself but I honestly don't give a shit and people are going to make this a much bigger deal than it actually is
09:22 AM on 02/13/14
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
Drake's douche status, confirmed again. On with my day.
09:23 AM on 02/13/14
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.

article scan
09:25 AM on 02/13/14
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
Doesn't sound like they gave him any notice. Surely they've been planning on using the PSH cover for at least a week or two. He's frustrated and he has every right to be and maybe he should've kept it to himself but I honestly don't give a shit and people are going to make this a much bigger deal than it actually is
They were probably HOPING to have it done in time. Their tribute sections are usually pretty in depth. Why would they tell him that there was a chance they might pull him off of the cover? He's not entitled to that information.
09:25 AM on 02/13/14
Jake Gyllenhaal
Through the lips, over the gums
User Info.
That was nice of Rolling Stone considering Philip Seymour Hoffman portrayed a character that bashed the magazine.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos