Username
Password
Hip-Hop News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hip-Hop
Inside AP.net

Drake Apologizes for Rolling Stone Outburst

Posted by: Drew Beringer (02/14/14)
Drake has taken to his blog to apologize for his comments regarding Rolling Stone's decision to replace him on cover with the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman.
After dwelling on it for a few hours or days you will come to the conclusion that you brought it on yourself almost every time. So here I am having that moment. I once again apologize to everybody who took my cover comments the wrong way. I respect Rolling Stone for being willing to give a kid from Toronto a shot at the cover. I guess this is a day to learn and grow.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 160.
12:19 AM on 02/14/14
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
Tough Day At The Office
With today being the 5th anniversary of So Far Gone I figured it's fitting to return to it's place of its origin in order to clear the air about an extremely emotional day. I completely support and agree with Rolling Stone replacing me on the cover with the legendary Phillip Seymour Hoffman. He is one of the most incredible actors of our time and a man that deserves to be immortalized by this publication. My frustration stemmed from the way it was executed. The circumstances at hand are completely justifiable (on the magazines behalf), but I was not able to salvage my story or my photos and that was devastating. They ran the issue without giving me a choice to be in it or not. I would have waited until it was my time because I understand the magnitude of the cover they chose but I just wasn't given that option and that made me feel violated. I apologize to anybody who took my initial comments out of context because in no way would I ever want to offend the Hoffman family or see myself as bigger than that moment. I am still the same person. Today I was forced out of my character and felt the need to react swiftly. These days are the worst ones. Waking up after a great night in the studio and it's your day to be picked apart. After dwelling on it for a few hours or days you will come to the conclusion that you brought it on yourself almost every time. So here I am having that moment. I once again apologize to everybody who took my cover comments the wrong way. I respect Rolling Stone for being willing to give a kid from Toronto a shot at the cover. I guess this is a day to learn and grow.

Sincerely,

The Boy
12:23 AM on 02/14/14
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Good on him
12:27 AM on 02/14/14
Tele72
User Info.
Dig it.
12:31 AM on 02/14/14
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
Like I said in the other thread his comments were out of line but I sympathize with the guy. Call me a drake fan boy all you want, but the guy is truly an inspiration for me. Glad to see he's righting his wrongs.
12:34 AM on 02/14/14
BTBAM777
Big Boy
User Info.
A tiny bit of humility, I like that.
12:36 AM on 02/14/14
Alligator Blood
okay i smash your corolla
User Info.
Much love drizzy drake xo
12:51 AM on 02/14/14
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
Jimmy Brooks gets humble.
12:57 AM on 02/14/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Still dude from Degrassi to me.
01:10 AM on 02/14/14
Fringe
facebook.com/HigherAndHigherMusic
User Info.
Wow, well I can certainly respect that
01:13 AM on 02/14/14
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Apology probably worded out by his PR agent
01:33 AM on 02/14/14
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
Apology probably worded out by his PR agent
01:46 AM on 02/14/14
mikeXXXnj
I'm the (not actually)black jesus.
User Info.
A kid from toronto? Dude acts like he was a broke dude from the hard streets if Toronto. All right wheelchair jimmy
01:52 AM on 02/14/14
lidoscotty
Lido Beach / Scotty
User Info.
A kid from toronto? Dude acts like he was a broke dude from the hard streets if Toronto. All right wheelchair jimmy
This this this this
02:06 AM on 02/14/14
sargentlgfuad
water me
User Info.
Um, the fact that he had that reaction in the first place still is puzzling though. Glad he apologized for being a diva? I guess.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS