Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts.
11:35 AM on 02/14/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Score's a little high, and the review's kind of all over the place, but I agree with the sentiment.
Gonna have to post my own review somewhere else.
01:26 PM on 02/14/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Or you post on here anyway because I was anticipating your review of this
No longer on staff, so it wouldn't make much sense to post here. I'll likely throw it on my Tumblr or something.
05:47 PM on 02/14/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
made it 38 seconds into this
didnt even notice that.........still probably not worth it
Do either of you like metalcore music? Is it a surprise that you guys aren't into this, because you are metalcore fans, or is it completely expected because you don't like this music to begin with?
06:46 PM on 02/14/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i listen to a lot of metal and heavy music. i dont know what constitutes something as metalcore or whatever, but this band is just bad
such as any of their contemporaries - WCAR, OM&M, etc
10:57 PM on 02/14/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
those bands are garbage too. sounds like metalcore is just a shit genre these days
Or, there's a subgenre you don't care for.
12:06 PM on 02/15/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Curious, why is your name not red anymore? What happened?
I'm no longer part of the staff. I'm contributing to several other blogs now, including POZ, UTG, and a few I can't say yet. Follow me on Twitter for my writing: @JackMEB
06:37 PM on 02/15/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
is one of them the one i'm thinking of? :)
Haha, I actually don't know what you're referencing.
08:23 PM on 02/15/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh haha. Did Aaron talk to you?
Ahh, yes. Likely headed somewhere already established, traffic wise - just don't have the time to commit to a newer site. Cool thing you guys got going over there, though.
09:50 PM on 02/15/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The problem with the negative opinions in this thread are that they're people who already don't enjoy this type of music. I don't have the slightest clue what makes dubstep or house music good or bad - so I stay out of those places, and don't bemoan how I hate an entire genre. That doesn't happen here.
09:51 PM on 02/15/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So much anger in this review.
Review could have been done better. That being said, I agree that this album deserves some more positive remarks. This whole album felt very blended with ideas and creativity for the genre that it currently resides in. Take a look at some of their contemporaries and you will find bands thats don't have this level of creativity nor this versatile of a singer. The melody work is phenomenal, the guitar fits around the vocalists, the DJing got better this time around and was much more utilized. Is there some flops in the record, of course. but its still decent for this band. If you are looking for converge, or some "metalcore" band you're in the wrong spot. And you also should ease up on the term. The song hoenstly probably shouldn't of had started with the weird synth work. But beign someone who didn't really enjoy their ep, i enjoyed this.
Well said.
09:54 PM on 02/15/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i highly doubt anybody in their thread thinks their opinion is objective fact. it goes without saying that music is subjective, the members of a music website get that and it gets redundant and repetitive to type things like "in my opinion" in every post you make.
Agree 100% with you - but you flat out don't like this subgenre of metalcore. that's totally fine - but your comments tend to be on the strong side, and you're staff, which makes you influential. I just don't see the value on commenting on a genre you don't care for.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums