Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 135
12:33 PM on 02/14/14
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
Shouldn't you be in class right now, Zac?
School was cancelled today - too much snow. But regardless, I usually get home around three-ish anyway.
12:33 PM on 02/14/14
lovemetal24
User Info.
5 just for incorporating every style imaginable in one album to try and hit every audience....now if the songs were just good, we would have something
12:38 PM on 02/14/14
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im stoked

but it will not touch numbers
12:40 PM on 02/14/14
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
^ oof
12:44 PM on 02/14/14
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
theres a couple good songs, but overall the album is pretty bad. most of the songs did not mix well.
12:53 PM on 02/14/14
prospekt
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This entire article reads like a Rise Records press release passed off as an "album review."

This part I find amusing:

Quote:
The choruses found on songs like “Never Lose Your Flames” and “The Langdon House” will be stuck in your head upon first listen and well into the summer months, as the band continues to tour relentlessly across the United States and overseas. This band has a lot of momentum, and it's going to take a whole lot of force to stop them

You're basically advertising the band's touring schedule. What does that have to do with this album? The second line is straight PR talk.

This album is a blend of everything that people are tired of: genericore chugging riffs, random electronics, auto tune, bad screaming, balls-in-a-vice cleans, and rapping that no one asked for. And it gets an 87?

Press release.
12:57 PM on 02/14/14
StolliFresh89
User Info.
I like this album, and I haven't been listening to music like this lately. Almost every song is catchy as hell and it does sound like a cohesive effort, like they've found the sound that they're going for. I'm also really glad they went with Crummett - he is one hell of a producer. All it's missing is a Jonny Craig feature
01:10 PM on 02/14/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I like this album, and I haven't been listening to music like this lately. Almost every song is catchy as hell and it does sound like a cohesive effort, like they've found the sound that they're going for. I'm also really glad they went with Crummett - he is one hell of a producer. All it's missing is a Jonny Craig feature
Are you...Jonny Craig?
01:25 PM on 02/14/14
Niko John
https://twitter.com/nikovercelletto
User Info.
Score's a little high, and the review's kind of all over the place, but I agree with the sentiment.
Gonna have to post my own review somewhere else.
Or you post on here anyway because I was anticipating your review of this
01:26 PM on 02/14/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Or you post on here anyway because I was anticipating your review of this
No longer on staff, so it wouldn't make much sense to post here. I'll likely throw it on my Tumblr or something.
01:30 PM on 02/14/14
Niko John
User Info.
I really like this album, but the score is definitely too high. I give it a 65 or 70. It doesn't have any lasting appeal for me and besides my favs like NLYF, Life of a Nine, and Stingray, the rest of the songs are pretty underwhelming. Michael doesn't change up his screaming and some of the songs are plain boring.
01:30 PM on 02/14/14
Niko John
User Info.
No longer on staff, so it wouldn't make much sense to post here. I'll likely throw it on my Tumblr or something.

I don't really understand why it wouldn't make sense, but wherever you put it up I look forward to it!
01:42 PM on 02/14/14
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
one of the worst albums i have ever heard
Praise be to Jesus. bhaha
01:55 PM on 02/14/14
Lightsout911X
Expect me standing tall
User Info.
This review is...not good.

This album is okay. Not terrible, but nothing special.
01:56 PM on 02/14/14
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News