Username
Password

Album Review - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 135.
07:45 AM on 02/19/14
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
User Info.
Its harsh people are saying this is terrible. I don't think its terrible, its fun and enjoyable to listen to if you keep your mind open about it.
01:35 PM on 02/19/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
no I still am - if anything I've grown out of the genre a bit but both those bands released solid records last year I was just making a really hasty post on my phone when I made that comment. Probably because ETID is an all time favorite and I've been listening to the new Architects a ton.
New Architects = YES.
04:25 PM on 02/19/14
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
User Info.
Sick avatar dude
05:38 PM on 02/19/14
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
The staff on this website is a joke. All the hate like this band is the next Brokencyde or Blood on the dance floor... give me a break... at least there is talent and motive here.

I don't even think including Issues in the category of metalcore is fair at all. The entire point of this band is to be a accumulation of all the members influences and strengths (from R&B, Pop, Metal, Hardcore, Nu-Metal, Hip-Hop) into a unique sound that's all their own. Regardless of whether you personally enjoy the sound, you can't objectively deny that it's not successful at times when it all comes together. Unless of course you don't listen to or have any knowledge of the previously mentioned genres... in which case I believe you can't truly formulate a valid opinion.

If you actually gave the album a listen you would recognize that there are several excellently written melodies, infectious hooks, and interesting blends of sounds and collaboration from the members all wrapped up in a fun outlet and experiment.

As a fan of music in general and all genres, I can appreciate what this band is doing and the effort put into this debut record. Is it a masterpiece? No. Is it perfect? No. Is it genre defying? Who knows, who cares. It's familiar but successfully different and isn't that really what innovation means?

At the very least it's refreshing hearing a new idea like this, that yes borrows from others, but isn't the same repetitive monotonous and mindless bullshit that plagues the music scene.

I could go on and on about how I really don't like iwrestledabearonce and their sound, but I can't hate on them for trying something different, being diverse and being successful at it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. Some people just have really silly opinions sometimes.
Err, dude, I appreciate the rant, but you're commenting on the staff review of this album. It got a 8.75. Brokencyde's album got a 1.6. That's not treating this album the same as Brokencyde at all.
08:15 PM on 02/19/14
ITS A TRAP!
ITS PERFECTLY SAFE!
User Info.
08:34 PM on 02/19/14
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
User Info.
What he said barely made sense. He said he can't hate them for being diverse and trying something different. What if they try something different and it fucking sucks. Would he still listen to it and not hate it? BOTDF is different and he said how they get hate.
12:29 PM on 02/20/14
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Not sure this album would have been as good if Bendeth did it. And mizell is a good producer. But solid review overall
Mizell is definitely not a good producer. He can record, and put out records... But he is NOT a good producer. Or at least he hasn't shown it.
04:13 PM on 02/20/14
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Mizell is definitely not a good producer. He can record, and put out records... But he is NOT a good producer. Or at least he hasn't shown it.
Agree to disagree. You're the one that started the chango hate forum a while back so you saying he isn't a good producer is expected haha
08:41 AM on 02/21/14
Ryan Dennehy
because this review really took me back because im surprised people like this because i think its horrible but hey, that's my opinion. jake has come into my review threads on things ive rated poorly and said how good they are, im doing the inverse, so what's the problem?

and what is this subgenre of metalcore? if metalcore is bands like the chariot, every time i die, converge, underoath, norma jean etc. then i love a good amount of metalcore. so what do you call this, exactly?
i personally call this subgenre of metalcore "garbage"
05:30 PM on 02/21/14
MelissaMDaniels
in the disenchantment lane
User Info.
So I'd heard a lot of buzz about this album and decided to give it a try. And I think maybe I reached that point in my life where I'm too old to like what the kids like these days. Like, I get it, sort of, and the composition and production is well done, some of the hooks and breakdowns are really satisfying. I don't dislike it. But like, so many sounds and influences, just all over the place for my tastes. Now I'm going to drink wine alone and feel old. Best of luck to you, Issues, I would probably feel ancient at your shows.
08:48 AM on 02/22/14
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
User Info.
band/album deserve 0.25 across the board.
07:12 AM on 02/26/14
mentalgellar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For someone who has such a great voice, his reliance on auto tune is so fucking annoying.
10:08 AM on 02/27/14
LilRyan732
Token Blackie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you head over to Noisey you can see an article of them ripping into this band, which made me want to hear them more. Surprised to find them BNM'd by AP.net though. I'll have to form an opinion on them on my own though.
12:03 PM on 02/27/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
If you head over to Noisey you can see an article of them ripping into this band, which made me want to hear them more. Surprised to find them BNM'd by AP.net though. I'll have to form an opinion on them on my own though.
any review with a certain score shows up in that best new music category. so it's just based on the one specific staff member who writes the review.
12:53 PM on 02/27/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Yeah, please don't let that label fool you- if you can sit through this, more power to ya, but you'd be much better off spending your time with the new Hotelier record than this reheated pile of poo.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums