FTank
Blank
User Info.
Me as well
10:11 PM on 04/09/14
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Not a bad review... I wrote on here a while back asking whether P4k would ever review The Wonder Years and a few people roasted me. But I knew Ian Cohen (who wrote the Hotelier review) was a big fan. Since I posted about that and people said I was crazy (including Nick from TWY) Cohen has had reviews published for the likes of Balance and Composure and even Fireworks. If P4k will publish a Fireworks review, it will publish a TWY review.
10:12 PM on 04/09/14
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
I have a mortgage now and can't buy as many as I'd like, but I still like to. Are we wasting our time and money? Keep in mind a new CD costs $20 in Australia...
10:12 PM on 04/09/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Not a bad review... I wrote on here a while back asking whether P4k would ever review The Wonder Years and a few people roasted me. But I knew Ian Cohen (who wrote the Hotelier review) was a big fan. Since I posted about that and people said I was crazy (including Nick from TWY) Cohen has had reviews published for the likes of Balance and Composure and even Fireworks. If P4k will publish a Fireworks review, it will publish a TWY review.
I am 99% sure that Ian will review the next TWY record for P4K
10:13 PM on 04/09/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I have a mortgage now and can't buy as many as I'd like, but I still like to. Are we wasting our time and money? Keep in mind a new CD costs $20 in Australia...
Damn, I don't buy a ton in the first place but definitely wouldn't buy as many if they were that expensive here
11:07 PM on 04/09/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Apart from nostalgia, what's the point of buying CD's? Vinyl invariably has more aesthetically appealing artwork/liner notes, and you can burn music onto blank CD's for dirt cheap
11:08 PM on 04/09/14
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Yeah me too. In the Fireworks review he gave big props to The Greatest Generation and he included TWY in his 'best songs of 2014' last year. Yet it did seem implausible about six months ago when I started a thread about it and got jumped on haha
11:10 PM on 04/09/14
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Apart from nostalgia, what's the point of buying CD's? Vinyl invariably has more aesthetically appealing artwork/liner notes, and you can burn music onto blank CD's for dirt cheap
For one their cases are more convenient than record sleeves, since you can stack them easily and always know which album is which by looking at the spine. And just the collection factor. They may not be as collectable as vinyl but they have their place. Also record players and records can be expensive.
11:12 PM on 04/09/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Yeah, it seems to me that vinyl is the format people buy for nostalgia
11:16 PM on 04/09/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
You have a point with vinyl being a partly nostalgic format, but with vinyl there's actually a difference in sound/listening experience (for better or for worse). Commercial CD's on the other hand contain digital files that are identical to ones you can download and then subsequently burn onto blanks for a fraction of the price. With vinyl you're actually getting something you wouldn't get otherwise.

Sorry if I'm nitpicking, haha.
11:19 PM on 04/09/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
You have a point with vinyl being a partly nostalgic format, but with vinyl there's actually a difference in sound/listening experience (for better or for worse). Commercial CD's on the other hand contain digital files that are identical to ones you can download and then subsequently burn onto blanks for a fraction of the price. With vinyl you're actually getting something you wouldn't get otherwise.

Sorry if I'm nitpicking, haha.
If we're gonna nitpick, unless you only buy lossless digital audio files--which is unlikely given that artists don't always offer that--then a CD is in fact higher quality than your run-of-the-mill mp3 or m4a digital file
11:21 PM on 04/09/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Yep, real CDs sound very noticeably better than burned ones
11:26 PM on 04/09/14
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
I have no nostalgic connection with vinyl, I just think it's the best physical format. You get something different with it than you get with CDs, bigger artwork, a more involved listening process (flipping sides etc.), often a noticeably different sound quality to it (whether you find it superior or not), and for me the rarity of the format gives collecting a thrill that I don't feel with CDs anymore. I think the vinyl+digital download combo is perfect.
09:43 AM on 05/16/14
kylecrowe
Rock n Roll
User Info.
Ian Cohen called The Greatest Generation "a landmark release." Im sure the next record will be reviewed.
09:51 AM on 05/16/14
kylecrowe
Rock n Roll
User Info.
Does anyone know what the little girl is quoting at the end of "Among The Wildflowers," if anything?
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests