Username
Password

Comments: Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 183
10:57 AM on 05/16/14
JayDanielHammer
then-now-maggle.tumblr.com
User Info.
Does anyone know what the little girl is quoting at the end of "Among The Wildflowers," if anything?

I think they answered it on their tumblr once. They were just field interviews and it was their favorite answer
07:44 PM on 05/29/14
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Yeah this is still hands down the best album of the year. I never heard the band before this, but holy shit this record is good. Your Deep Rest is probably the song of the year too. Intro, Wildflowers, Housebroken and Dendron would all have a shot at my top 20 songs of the year right now too.
07:46 PM on 05/29/14
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Ian Cohen called The Greatest Generation "a landmark release." Im sure the next record will be reviewed.
Yeah and, in that case, I really hope it's a fantastic record. I'd expect nothing less, they have put out three fantastic albums in a row.
03:41 PM on 06/04/14
Chalie22
User Info.
This record is a classic. This one has the capability of being one of those records ten years from now people will say "I wish they played more stuff off of "Home Like Noplace Is There" when you see these dudes live.
03:58 PM on 06/04/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
This record is a classic. This one has the capability of being one of those records ten years from now people will say "I wish they played more stuff off of "Home Like Noplace Is There" when you see these dudes live.
This is a slightly strange way to praise a record
04:41 PM on 06/04/14
Chalie22
User Info.
This is a slightly strange way to praise a record
I meant all good things by the comment
11:40 AM on 06/26/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Is this ever going to get a CD release?
02:31 PM on 07/13/14
crashking416
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This record is absolutely phenomenal. The lyrics are a perfect blend of blistering and poetic, bearing an overwhelming amount of honesty without becoming too forward or saccharine. "Dendron" is a hell of a closer, and one of my favorite songs released thus far in 2014.
10:35 AM on 07/15/14
Ye Olde Gangsta
User Info.
Way to relegate any description of the actual music to a little afterthought paragraph at the end of a ridiculous dissertation on the lyrics. Calling this a review is laughable. It's like a response to a prompt from a high school English teacher asking you to analyze the lyrics of your favorite album. There's a reason I listen to music and not poetry audiobooks. "Reviews" like this belong on p4k where 95% of the music is so shitty/undeveloped/talentless/ruined by terrible vocals that the only positive thing to discuss is the lyricism. It's almost disheartening to see that pitchfork wrote a better review of this, a quintessential punk record, than AP.
10:40 AM on 07/15/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Way to relegate any description of the actual music to a little afterthought paragraph at the end of a ridiculous dissertation on the lyrics. Calling this a review is laughable. It's like a response to a prompt from a high school English teacher asking you to analyze the lyrics of your favorite album. There's a reason I listen to music and not poetry audiobooks. "Reviews" like this belong on p4k where 95% of the music is so shitty/undeveloped/talentless/ruined by terrible vocals that the only positive thing to discuss is the lyricism. It's almost disheartening to see that pitchfork wrote a better review of this, a quintessential punk record, than AP.
Lol this comment

also this is not a punk record
10:47 AM on 07/15/14
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
the lyrics are inarguably the most esssential part of this record. also you sound like an asshole.
10:49 AM on 07/15/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
My AP English teacher would be proud. Thanks for reading!
10:50 AM on 07/15/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Also purely as an aside that Tycho record that's your avatar is maybe the most boring thing I've heard all year besides the new Black Keys album.
10:56 AM on 07/15/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Oh god, you're the same one that said La Dispute is embarrassing....and now this....

11:02 AM on 07/15/14
Ye Olde Gangsta
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums