AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 183.
09:48 PM on 02/16/14
Fish Man Alex
User Info.
heard this album for the first time and in full on valentines day while I was at work - it took me no more than 2 songs to confirm that this album was going to be really important to me, very few records have hit me as hard as this one did

spot on review
10:47 PM on 02/16/14
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
This is one of my new favorite bands. I neglected to check them out in the past for reasons unknown. Holy hell am I in love with their music.
11:18 PM on 02/16/14
TheBaroness
User Info.
Cool review. I haven't had a chance to check out the lyrics in any great detail yet, so I wasn't aware of the political themes (though emo has always been about making the personal political, after all).
12:02 AM on 02/17/14
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
This review is very good, and this album is probably an all-time favorite for me now.
12:43 AM on 02/17/14
k1guitar
Keep calm and BLEGH!
User Info.
Never listens to these guys before. RIYL?
01:23 AM on 02/17/14
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
I only listened to the first few tracks a couple days ago and haven't had time to go back and finish it, but I like what I heard.
05:40 AM on 02/17/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Holy hell Chris, 9.75? Is this your AOTY right now, or are you going to be giving Drive By Truckers a 10 in a few weeks to be consistent?

Anyway, really terrific review, brother. I need to spend more time with this, but my impressions so far have been positive.
05:42 AM on 02/17/14
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
This album absolutely floored me when I listened to it yesterday. It's a mammoth.

Great review, Chris. I think you captured the feeling of the album accurately without leaving out too much or missing too little.
06:18 AM on 02/17/14
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Fantastic review, bud. Haven't heard the record but I'm pretty excited to check it out now.
06:33 AM on 02/17/14
Griff
It's getting fucking dark.
User Info.
Fantastic review, very well written. This album is phenomenal; I feel like this could be an iconic album for younger listeners discovering this scene. Something along the lines of what TAYF was for me, it hits that hard.
06:47 AM on 02/17/14
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
Never listens to these guys before. RIYL?

Anything Chris references in the review, Tell All Your Friends, Hidden in Plain View
06:51 AM on 02/17/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Holy hell Chris, 9.75? Is this your AOTY right now, or are you going to be giving Drive By Truckers a 10 in a few weeks to be consistent?

Anyway, really terrific review, brother. I need to spend more time with this, but my impressions so far have been positive.
I like this more than the Truckers record right now.
06:56 AM on 02/17/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I like this more than the Truckers record right now.
Remember when you said you had "almost certainly already heard what would be your favorite of 2014" or something like that? Whoops!
06:58 AM on 02/17/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Remember when you said you had "almost certainly already heard what would be your favorite of 2014" or something like that? Whoops!
Haha yeah even then I kinda knew that probably wouldn't be true though. English Oceans is awesome but not without flaws--perhaps since I'm such a huge fan I hear the little things that could be better more than others. And there's not a single thing on this album I'd change if I could.

And hell this probably won't be my favorite of the year either when all's said and done, who knows. It's only February and it looks like we might finally get a new Wrens record this year!
07:07 AM on 02/17/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Fantastic review, very well written. This album is phenomenal; I feel like this could be an iconic album for younger listeners discovering this scene. Something along the lines of what TAYF was for me, it hits that hard.
Yeah I think the exact same thing.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums