AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Day at the Fair Tease First New Song in 9 Years

Posted by - 09:04 AM on 02/17/14
Day at the Fair will release their first song in 9 years, "The Brightening," on February 25. The single, produced by Rob Freeman, will be available digitally with all proceeds going to the recording of their new album, The Epilogue. A teaser video and statement from the band are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
09:04 AM on 02/17/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

So for the first time in 9 years, we went into the studio with producer Rob Freeman to record a song. We've talked about this over time and made a few attempts to do this here and there but never quite finished anything. Surprisingly enough, this time we did. On February 25th, we'll release the song "The Brightening" on ITunes/Amazon/Bandcamp etc, via Broken Heart Records. All proceeds will go towards recording one more album "The Epilogue" that we hope to finish by late summer.

With that being said, we also want to welcome our new drummer, Dave Patino. By being gone
for so long, we forgot how much fun it was to get four guys in a room together to create something that each of us are proud of and Dave really assisted in making that happen. Below is a little video for the song. We'll update more in the coming weeks with where and when you can stream the song as well as a few radio interviews and a bunch of other stuff we totally forgot how to do by waiting 9 years to do it.

Thank you in advance. Chris, Rob, Todd and now Dave
09:09 AM on 02/17/14
Star Slight
User Info.
Oh wow awesome. Just talking about them in relation to how similar the Hotelier album sounds
09:19 AM on 02/17/14
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
So awesome. Clip sounds solid.
09:20 AM on 02/17/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
yo
09:22 AM on 02/17/14
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
09:28 AM on 02/17/14
Fourchordwonder
This is for dreaming.
User Info.
Yessssss
09:41 AM on 02/17/14
MeltingPlastic
201 Native living in the 610
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Take my money and do a kick starter....a single isn't enough for me and I want the album yesterday!
09:45 AM on 02/17/14
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I'd support this band with a Kickstarter for sure. Especially with how great the vinyl they put out ended up.
09:53 AM on 02/17/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I'd support this band with a Kickstarter for sure. Especially with how great the vinyl they put out ended up.
The same label - Broken Heart Records - is putting out the new album, so expect more greatness.
10:02 AM on 02/17/14
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
What a great news. And the clip is really good.
10:32 AM on 02/17/14
beauvais910
User Info.
Oh yes.
10:46 AM on 02/17/14
absolution
User Info.
I'm a broken record but if I could just have those lanemeyer demos floating around...

And I'd personally fund a kickstarter for another Lanemeyer / Humble Beginnings show. GET IN TOUCH BARKER
10:59 AM on 02/17/14
MeltingPlastic
201 Native living in the 610
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm a broken record but if I could just have those lanemeyer demos floating around...

And I'd personally fund a kickstarter for another Lanemeyer / Humble Beginnings show. GET IN TOUCH BARKER
which ones? I have the ones with brian fallon somewhere but thats it besides what was on the whispering every word
11:38 AM on 02/17/14
absolution
User Info.
which ones? I have the ones with brian fallon somewhere but thats it besides what was on the whispering every word
Yep, have Brian's song and the other Chris demo but apparently there are others.
Springman records has them somewhere...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version