AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Saosin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Saosin Talks Reunion with Anthony Green

Posted by - 01:20 PM on 02/17/14
An interview with Saosin discussing their reunion can be found on PropertyOfZack.
Exactly. That’s a perfect way to put it. All the while, we were still talking to Anthony off and on, but not as seriously. It wasn’t a, “Hey, I’ll rejoin the band” type thing. It was, “Why don’t I just sing on a couple of songs.” One of the Tilian songs got leaked somehow. We got hit up by Anthony because he thought we were going to do some stuff. We were all like, “Well, we weren’t planning on working with Tilian, but it just happened.” So, needless to say, we kind of split things off with Tilian, but we didn’t do it in a good way. The relationship kind of dissolved more passively than we hoped. We didn’t explain anything to him, we just waited until it fizzled out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 156
01:21 PM on 02/17/14
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
haha that set is going to be a mess. 15 minutes of songs and then an awkward 30 minute rest of their time slot
01:25 PM on 02/17/14
sammyboy516
User Info.
I feel like there's going to be an album, or possibly already is. I mean, they have to, right?
01:26 PM on 02/17/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Chris was truly great to talk with. The most interesting parts of the interview to me were: Talks started in 2010, the band is truly proud of their history, and that new music with Anthony (or anyone) may never come, and that could partially be because of Circa.

"It’s somewhat ironic that essentially Circa started because he flew home and jammed on a few demos with Colin and decided to leave because of those demos. It was a little ironic to have it be in the opposite position. We didn’t think of it in any bad blood or revengeful tactics. It’s just funny. Regardless, at the end of the day, the reality is that we’re all friends. There is no conflict between us. We realized at one point that we were accomplishing a lot without Anthony on vocals and people responded to our songs with Cove in a completely different way. We didn’t necessarily need fans of the white album to be fans of our self-titled album. There was some crossover, but the conflict between each side of the fence worked to our advantage."
01:32 PM on 02/17/14
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
band is a joke. never think highly of them after reading their guitarist say he was "never impressed with the guitar work of Tides of Man"

gtfo. no one cares anymore.
01:33 PM on 02/17/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
band is a joke. never think highly of them after reading their guitarist say he was "never impressed with the guitar work of Tides of Man"

gtfo. no one cares anymore.
I would say a LOT of people care if you look around the internet today, haha.
01:35 PM on 02/17/14
canvasofwinter
User Info.
I'm really excited that they're doing this reunion show, but these guys really need to get their act together. Amazing musicians, but they seem totally incompetent business-wise.
01:36 PM on 02/17/14
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would say a LOT of people care if you look around the internet today, haha.

i sleep easier assuming people don't care about things i don't care about.
01:36 PM on 02/17/14
Wings That Work
What A Bunch of Fools We Lovers Are
User Info.
haha that set is going to be a mess. 15 minutes of songs and then an awkward 30 minute rest of their time slot
Pretty much. All the OG songs then hearing Anthony do Cove's stuff will be...interesting? It'll probably still be awesome
01:37 PM on 02/17/14
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Anthony Green back in Saosin. Hell as officially frozen over. Color me excited.
01:38 PM on 02/17/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Pretty much. All the OG songs then hearing Anthony do Cove's stuff will be...interesting? It'll probably still be awesome
It seems, from the interview, that the band won't be doing any Cove songs.
01:41 PM on 02/17/14
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i sleep easier assuming people don't care about things i don't care about.
Ladies and Gentleman, the Internet.
01:43 PM on 02/17/14
christophsays
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
TTN ON VINYL yeah!
01:44 PM on 02/17/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really fantastic interview - appreciate Chris' openness. This is 1000x more compelling than 99% of the interviews I read.
01:46 PM on 02/17/14
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Setlist guess:
Seven Years
Translating The Name
Third Measurement
Lost Symphonies
They Perched
I Can Tell
Mookies Last Christmas
I Have Become What I've Always Hated (long shot)
No Angel (long shot)
Some cover(s)

And I guess they'd make the EP songs a bit longer? Either way: Someone film it or give me craploads of money so I can afford to go.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos