The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
1. How did you get your band name? Well we just got to the point where we needed a band name so we started looking online for inspiration, if I remember correctly I think we saw the picture of a boy in sunlight with his shadow behind, it was called “never alone”, i don’t know we just liked how it sounded and we thought: “we’re friends, we’re always together one way or another, so we’re also never alone!” So basically that’s it, then we decided that we wanted it to be one word, so "Neveralone."
2. How did this band get started? We got together playing music just for fun, inspired by the whole punk rock scene of the late 90's, because that's what we grew up listening to. Me (Chris/drums) and my brother Alan (Vocals/guitar) have been playing together since we were like 11, we met Francesco (guitar/vocals) and Luca (bass) 2 years ago at a party (they had other bands at the time). We became really good friends and finally decided to play music together :) Two years ago we decided to take it seriously and give our best as a band for our passion.
3. What bands are you influenced by? We grew up listening to all the punk rock bands from the 90s and first years of 2000, to name a few: Blink 182, New Found Glory, Nofx, Lagwagon, Mxpx, Useless ID, Strung Out, Jimmy Eat World, Nirvana, Offspring, Rufio, Millencolin, but also some heavier stuff, like nu metal, hardcore and such.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Chris: It would be awesome to tour with any of the bands we are inspired by...I 'd personally, love touring with Blink 182, cause they're just legends to me.
Alan: Blink 182 and Story of the Year for sure, they're great guys and super fun to be around with.
5. Best food to eat on tour? On tour you gotta live by what you can get, mostly it's just junk food and we try to make the best out of it haha.
6. Why should people listen to your band? If you like some good old punk rock, good melodies and some powerful stuff, our music could be exactly what you need ;)
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Chris: I personally admire and am inspired by Kobe Bryant; everything from his attitude, to his style on the basketball court makes me just wanna reach for more and improve myself.
Alan: Michael Jordan for sure, best player ever. I was good in everything, that's what I wanna be able to do, in everything I do, I want to be the best I can.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Well, everyone who has always supported us, starting from our family and friends who believed in us. Then I guess our producers Beppe and Eddy (DysFunction productions) who did an amazing job helping us to get the record in its final shape.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? I would bring back the good and pure love for music itself and not just for money or for what's trending at the moment. It would be awesome if there still were people in this business who truly believe in an artist and support him in all those things that could take him away from just making music. Few rarely do this lately and the musician has to take care of really everything.
10. Memorable tour experience? We played in St Louis, Missouri in 2010, it's been one of the best experiences ever, the people there (USA) are amazing and so warm. Can't wait to be able to go back to the states for more!
11. What does AP.net mean to you? It's awesome! we love to find out about new bands, reading reviews and stuff. I guess that's it for most people which is very helpful for bands like us who try to get their music out there.
12. What is your favorite song to play? Chris: I love playing the song "Under the Sun" from our new album.
Alan: Personally my favourite song on the record is our first single "In a Million Pieces", i'm really connected to that song and everytime i play it it's like letting go of bad feelings, plus it's really catchy haha.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? I guess we can all agree that Just going to the beach with friends is always great, but especially Los Angeles is our dream place.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Blink 182 brings me back to when I started playing punk rock, but Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, is what I used to listen to when I started playing drums at 11 years old
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? I just love the idea of flying, I don't know exactly why, but it makes me feel so free to just think of it haha.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Beer Pong! We are absolute champions....although we "try" not to drink too much before shows :D
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? Chris: I'm really into Zen philosophy and mindset; I think the world would be a better place if everybody read at least something about it.
Alan: i'm a Back to the Future freak. it's my favourite movie ever and i have tons of gadgets and memorabilia, my room is filled in it, not to mention my tattoos haha.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? Radio isn't a really good thing for independent musician in Italy at least, we literally don't get space or promotion. It's all for the big old and established bands or singers... it kinda sucks here...don't know much about the rest of the world, it sure would be nice to find out! :)
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Chris: I read a lot, I play videogames and I love going to the gym.
Alan: Don't have much spare time because most of the time I'm doing something for the band haha but when I do I just hang out with my girlfriend, watch movies and stuff like that.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? I'm probably the fastest eater alive haha.