Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 65.
10:28 AM on 02/20/14
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It grows on me more with each listen, but I think my expectations may have been a bit too high. To me, it simply doesn't hold a candle to Killing Time, but I suppose time will tell.
10:45 AM on 02/20/14
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
After a few days with the album, it has grown on me.

It seems like this has more of a hard rock feel to it. I can see a lot of these songs being played on the radio.
11:10 AM on 02/20/14
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
Bayside is a brand at this point.
12:08 PM on 02/20/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
listened to this earlier, and while i do agree it sounds like a bayside album, i think it really only sounds like a bayside album starting with "the walking wounded." although anthony's vocals will always make them sound kinda the same, their first two albums are much differently stylistically to me than these later ones. so while there hasn't been much change since 2008, there was some before.

that being said, on the last three albums, you can probably cut together one 10 song album that is just absolutely killer, but you don't need 30.
12:08 PM on 02/20/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
good bayside-sounding album for fans of bayside. i love it.
haha. nailed it.
12:27 PM on 02/20/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
that being said, on the last three albums, you can probably cut together one 10 song album that is just absolutely killer, but you don't need 30.

Perfect. Essentially how I feel about most double-albums, as well.
12:29 PM on 02/20/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
listened to this earlier, and while i do agree it sounds like a bayside album, i think it really only sounds like a bayside album starting with "the walking wounded." although anthony's vocals will always make them sound kinda the same, their first two albums are much differently stylistically to me than these later ones. so while there hasn't been much change since 2008, there was some before.

i think killing time is good all the way through
12:44 PM on 02/20/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
i think killing time is good all the way through
it's the best of this era, sure, but still drags. just so hard to get to the end of any of their albums for very long.
02:14 PM on 02/20/14
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i think it's interesting that this review picked out completely different lyrics than i did for the one i wrote for mind equals blown.
02:44 PM on 02/20/14
benjammin07
User Info.
Pretty disappointed in this album and very surprised at how many people are praising it. First Bayside album that just kind of all sounded the same for me.
wow can't agree more! I really don't care for this record and don't understand the praise at all
03:07 PM on 02/20/14
surgerone
User Info.
Very good album. I think I think that Killing Time has the edge, but I still really like this one too. I'd give it an 8/10. I think Stuttering is my favorite track on Cult if only for that standout line "Who do I think I'm kidding / Like I'm Robert Fuckin Smith..."

The only minor gripe I take is with naming Transitive Property as "full ballad." I feel like "On Love, On Life" off of Killing Time was more ballady, at least in the typical sense.

But nice review, a pleasure to read, and a pleasure to listen to this album.
I love that line from Stuttering, it's pretty damn clever. Also, I agree about Transitive Property - my girlfriend and I were just talking about how we both wished it was a full-acoustic ballad.
04:20 PM on 02/20/14
Coleman3000
Reverse Apache Master
User Info.
This album exceeded the early expectations I had after hearing Pigsty when they first released it. Not as good as Killing Time or the self titled (in my opinion) but still a very good album.
04:21 PM on 02/20/14
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've never really gotten into Bayside but I like the first song they released for this album so will I like the album as a whole?
05:07 PM on 02/20/14
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Pretty disappointed in this album and very surprised at how many people are praising it. First Bayside album that just kind of all sounded the same for me.
Thought I was alone... I still enjoy it just like I do any of their other albums but this one was just uneventful for me. None of the songs make me want to play them more than once. I am enjoying listening to it on my playlist but I think it may be my least favorite album from them. Still good though!
05:36 PM on 02/20/14
IRodeTenSpeed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
After first listen I like this a lot. I'm pleasantly surprised
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives