AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Skate and Surf Fest News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Gunz Show Speaks With John D. About Skate And Surf

Posted by - 09:13 AM on 02/20/14
The Gunz Show sat down with John D., the creator of Skate and Surf, to discuss this year’s lineup as well as the history of the Festival. John explained how he secured a Midtown reunion, what went wrong last year, and hints at more acts to be added. He also touches base on how the venue will be set up and another upcoming tour he has planned. You can listen to it here.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
09:35 AM on 02/20/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
What were some of the issues with last year's Governer's Ball?
09:40 AM on 02/20/14
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Let's see if he knows how to properly run a festival this year
09:50 AM on 02/20/14
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Good interview sounds like it should be an awesome time.
Let's see if he can get Acceptance for 2015 haha
09:58 AM on 02/20/14
MeltingPlastic
201 Native living in the 610
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wont deny, kind of mad he didn't announce the "big act" but he does make a valid point about going on after Midtown in NJ
10:06 AM on 02/20/14
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
User Info.
Enjoyed this interview last night and gave it another listen today. I really want more details on what walls had to be broken down to get Midtown back together. Hopefully Gunz can get this with his interview with one of the members Sunday. I like John D's honesty and outlook on this years festival.
10:06 AM on 02/20/14
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
What were some of the issues with last year's Governer's Ball?

Rain. They had to cancel some sets because of a huge storm. The muddy conditions also ruined Randall's Island for a moment.
10:24 AM on 02/20/14
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
Sounds like midtowns reunion is just a one off aswell
10:30 AM on 02/20/14
ACA
Next Show: Run the Jewels NYC 11/29
User Info.
The Midtown crowd is going to be pretty empty for a Skate and Surf / Bamboozle headliner. Probably smallest ever.
10:47 AM on 02/20/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
Enjoyed this interview last night and gave it another listen today. I really want more details on what walls had to be broken down to get Midtown back together. Hopefully Gunz can get this with his interview with one of the members Sunday. I like John D's honesty and outlook on this years festival.

Me too. He was able to admit that last year was a disaster. But he also realizes that he can't compete with anything in NYC.

And since I have already bought my ticket, it is reassuring that both Midtown and Saosin w/ Anthony are one off performances.
11:51 AM on 02/20/14
davefalcone777
@davidgfalcone
User Info.
He should just get The Sound of Animals Fighting and turn into an Anthony Green weekend.
05:24 PM on 02/20/14
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
The unannounced act should be Saves The Day playing Through Being Cool and with that line up.
06:07 PM on 02/20/14
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
The Midtown crowd is going to be pretty empty for a Skate and Surf / Bamboozle headliner. Probably smallest ever.
Ehh, youd be surprised. I been a Midtown fan for years and never seen them Live so they become something to see. As dumb as it may sound if it was Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, or Panic At The Disco or any other headliners who i've seen numerous times you might be more likely to skip their set. The fact its someone new/old who hasn't done a show in NJ in years makes it a lot more appealing IMO. Plus its not a headliner that teeny boppers will go crazy for lol so I might enjoy a set without having girls next to me screaming for no reason.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos