Posted by - 09:36 AM on 02/24/14
The new Say Anything album is mastered.

Submitted by Trevor Sostarich

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
10:01 AM on 02/24/14
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
I will always anticipate SA albums and this one seems the most mysterious to me (guest vocals, how the drums will sound without Coby, how Max constantly changes his sound album to album). Absolutely cannot wait.
10:05 AM on 02/24/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Sincerely optimistic about this, especially due to ho much we don't know about the record yet. As much as self-titled and Anarchy get bashed for not living up to the standards of previous releases, neither of which are bad records. And, if those guest vocalists leave indication, this one could be something really, really special.
10:06 AM on 02/24/14
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Well, here's to hoping.
10:21 AM on 02/24/14
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
I can't wait to hear this. Awesome how quickly it seems this was recorded and hopefully will be put out.
10:29 AM on 02/24/14
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Can't wait, I love the self titled and I've grown to really like Anarchy so I'm not too worried about this one.
10:35 AM on 02/24/14
frenchatticus
"Capitalism is killing music."
User Info.
I will always anticipate SA albums and this one seems the most mysterious to me (guest vocals, how the drums will sound without Coby, how Max constantly changes his sound album to album). Absolutely cannot wait.
Great way to put it. Honestly I was not a fan of Anarchy, though who knows maybe I could be. Of course IARB is incredible, but to me there is just something special about In Defense Of The Genre and it will (for me) forever rank as one of the top Say Anything records. I loved the self-titled when it came out (still great, I probably played it two hundred times).

I like how he is gathering more guest vocals, In Defense was excellent and even more exciting and exceptional with names like Kenny Vasoli, Matt Skiba, Chris Conley... it even has Hayley, Anthony Green and Gerard Way.
11:08 AM on 02/24/14
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Five (nearly six ?) years late but hearing a S/T song on a Breaking Bad episode got me back into the band lately. I still don't like Anarchy but I think he still has a really great album in him.
11:21 AM on 02/24/14
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
Five (nearly six ?) years late but hearing a S/T song on a Breaking Bad episode got me back into the band lately. I still don't like Anarchy but I think he still has a really great album in him.
Which song?
11:26 AM on 02/24/14
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
I got it wrong, it was "Baby Girl, I'm A Blur", an older song on the episode "Cancer Man".
11:28 AM on 02/24/14
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
always anticipate their records. can't wait to hear a track off it.
11:53 AM on 02/24/14
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Could not get into the last album at all but I'm still pretty excited.
12:08 PM on 02/24/14
TheGrimSleeper
...was a real boy
User Info.
Pretty much an unashamed fanboy at this point, so all I can say is I'm excited as always. I really want to know the title of the record.
01:06 PM on 02/24/14
TimTheMechanic
All alone is all I'll ever be
User Info.
Pretty excited, if its going to be a sort of IDOTG part II kind of thing I can dig it. Just as long as is doesn't sound like Anarchy I'll be happy.
02:06 PM on 02/24/14
jeffersin
I love you!
User Info.
He tweeted recently that he struggles writing non-concept albums and used Baseball and Anarchy as his examples. Hopefully that means this one will be a concept. I love following a story through music, and he does it really well.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos