AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Dashboard Confessional News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Interview: Chris Carrabba of Twin Forks

Posted by - 08:55 AM on 02/25/14
Last week, I got the chance to chat with Chris Carrabba (of Dashboard Confessional and Further Seems Forever fame) about his new band, Twin Forks. During the interview, Carrabba opened up about his long-held aspiration to pursue folk music, the slow and steady formation of the new band, an upcoming tour with Augustana, his current feelings about his other musical projects, his opinions on the modern mainstream folk resurgence, and his friendship with Butch Walker. Check out the interview here and the review of the new Twin Forks album here.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
09:27 AM on 02/25/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Good read, Craig
09:50 AM on 02/25/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it.
10:01 AM on 02/25/14
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
Although I understand his views on FSF's future as far as touring would be better before a new record cause fans want the old stuff anyway, I just hope I'm not the only one that wants new studio recordings of these guys together. I loved Penny Black, and would love a new record... A short EP would be appropriate to go along with a tour, even if it's cover EP of stuff like their Fugazi cover and a few other songs
10:17 AM on 02/25/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Although I understand his views on FSF's future as far as touring would be better before a new record cause fans want the old stuff anyway, I just hope I'm not the only one that wants new studio recordings of these guys together. I loved Penny Black, and would love a new record... A short EP would be appropriate to go along with a tour, even if it's cover EP of stuff like their Fugazi cover and a few other songs
The further record was my #2 of 2012. need another one
08:19 AM on 02/26/14
renedex
User Info.
As I re-read the interview I can't help but feel slight disappointment that Dashboard is nowhere really on the horizon. Been waiting to see them since they cancelled their UK tour in 2008 (and never came back!) It's really weird to think it's been 6 years since then.

In my opinion, somewhere in the creative vibe between Penny Black and the Twin Forks LP, was a fantastic Dashboard record waiting to happen. I get the same feeling listening to those two albums back to back, as when I listen to When your Heart Stops Beating and We Don't Need to Whisper back to back; somewhere behind the creative influences that spawned these albums, individually, is an amalgamation which could have been greater than the sum of its parts.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos