AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hip-Hop News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Asher Rosh Announces New Album, 'RetroHash'

Posted by - 01:15 PM on 02/26/14
Asher Roth will release his new album, RetroHash, on April 22. You can check out the album's first single, "Tangerine Girl," over at Billboard. Head to the replies for tour dates and more info.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
01:15 PM on 02/26/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Spring 2014 Tour Dates

3/15 Austin, TX @ Blackheart Bar

4/2 Philadelphia, PA @ The Barbary

4/4 Boston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall

4/5 New York, NY @ The Westway

4/22 Los Angeles, CA @ Troubadour

infoWhen asked about his current state of mind and being, Asher Roth responded with “Unfurrow your brow,” which actually explains a lot. Five years since the release of his acclaimed debut album, Asleep in the Bread Aisle (Island Def Jam), which yielded the hit song “I Love College,” Asher has experienced a transformation only achieved by spiritual growth. He relocated from his native city, Philadelphia, PA (“Don’t worry Philly – there is no place like home”) to find new inspiration on the west coast in Los Angeles, California. The by-product of this time and transition resulted in a remarkable new album, entitled RetroHash, that will be self-released on April 22nd, 2014, and explores some new and some classic sonic territories and remains true to the thought-provoking, lyrical wit that is loved by his fans.

The sound apparent in “Tangerine Girl” and throughout the entire collection is reminiscent of Asher’s new life on the west coast. He believes in clean water and early education, and still makes time to be a sports fanatic. On making the album, Asher said "I made music that I would want to hear, music that felt good to me. We didn't play by any rules and that makes me proud. There shouldn't be any rules in making music. RetroHash is a genuine expression of the artist and person I am." RetroHash was produced by The Blended Babies and features guest artists ZZ Ward and Vic Mensa. Asher also enlisted the help of famed art director John Van Hamersveld for the artwork for the album, and photos were taken by Brock Fetch.

Asher Roth first turned heads in the rap community in 2009 with his successful single “I Love College.” Rolling Stone dubbed him a “rising hip-hop sensation,” and the New York Times called his debut album an “excellent, versatile debut album.” Following the release of Asleep in the Bread Aisle in 2009, Asher has released four mixtapes entitled Seared Foie Gras with Quince and Cranberry, Rawth, Pabst & Jazz and The Greenhouse Effect Vol. 2.

To celebrate the release of his album, Asher will play RetroHash from beginning to end live, with his band, at select performances in Philadelphia, Boston and New York. He will also make an appearance in Austin, TX for SXSW this year with The Pharcyde.

Asher Roth and his band have also announced the RetroHash record release show on April 22nd in Los Angeles at the Troubadour. Tickets are available on Ticketfly.com.

www.retrohash.com

www.facebook/asherroth

@asherroth

Instgram- aproth
01:22 PM on 02/26/14
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
Did he graduate from college yet?
01:40 PM on 02/26/14
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Tangerine Girl is actually a sweet song, this is gonna be a cool album I think.
02:04 PM on 02/26/14
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Did he graduate from college yet?
He's on the Bluto Plan.
02:08 PM on 02/26/14
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
long live WCU. ram pride.
02:11 PM on 02/26/14
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Sweet, definitely going to check out.

Spin Pabst and Jazz all the time.
02:34 PM on 02/26/14
Jasonhxc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This guy makes Mac Miller look good.
04:06 PM on 02/26/14
rbf737
User Info.
Gotta love a good anagram.
04:24 PM on 02/26/14
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
Finally happening eh
05:56 PM on 02/26/14
sakattack123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This guy makes Mac Miller look good.
What dude? Mac Miller is awesome. You should really check out his latest album, Watching Movies with the Sound Off, as well as his last mixtape, Macadelic. They are pretty critically praised by hip-hop fans, even people that used to hate him. Also, his production stuff is excellent. Mac has really matured as an artist and is one of my favorite rappers out right now.
07:46 PM on 02/26/14
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
What dude? Mac Miller is awesome. You should really check out his latest album, Watching Movies with the Sound Off, as well as his last mixtape, Macadelic. They are pretty critically praised by hip-hop fans, even people that used to hate him. Also, his production stuff is excellent. Mac has really matured as an artist and is one of my favorite rappers out right now.
Please, let's not turn this into a Mac Miller discussion. Fact is, some like him and some can't stand him.
07:47 PM on 02/26/14
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
Pabst & Jazz wasn't that bad of a mixtape. Actually somewhat interested to see if this can be a step back into the spotlight for him.
08:56 PM on 02/26/14
thetruthisvile
..but vital to this cause.
User Info.
This guy is to Macklemore what Charmander is to Charizard.
09:02 PM on 02/26/14
jrockisthebest
jrock is my nickname
User Info.
This guy is to Macklemore what Charmander is to Charizard.
no

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version