Username
Password
Silverstein News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Silverstein
Inside AP.net

The History Of Silverstein

Posted by: Christian Wagner (02/27/14)
Starting on March 10th at 8 PM EST, Silverstein will be taking part in a 4 part series on idobi Howl chronicling the band's history.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
08:21 AM on 02/27/14
Jared Luttrell
VA punk pop.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Awesome. Grew up with this band.
08:31 AM on 02/27/14
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
User Info.
Hope they go more in depth than they did on Decade, and also that they shed some light on Neil leaving too.
08:52 AM on 02/27/14
guitarman2189
User Info.
Much deserved, crazy how long it has been already.
09:01 AM on 02/27/14
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Hope they go more in depth than they did on Decade, and also that they shed some light on Neil leaving too.
Yeah they really swept that one under the rug. I feel like their was bad blood due to the lack of word from his part.
09:04 AM on 02/27/14
SILYW
User Info.
Yeah they really swept that one under the rug. I feel like their was bad blood due to the lack of word from his part.

I kind of get that impression too, now that the dust has settled a bit I guess there might be more chance of an answer.
09:06 AM on 02/27/14
ale5875
traduzionedicanzoni.it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think Neil was just tired of it, especially after getting married. Shane said he contributed little to Short Songs and wanted to tour less, whereas the other members wanted to continue this way. I'd be curious to know about Neil's version though.
10:37 AM on 02/27/14
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
I think Neil was just tired of it, especially after getting married. Shane said he contributed little to Short Songs and wanted to tour less, whereas the other members wanted to continue this way. I'd be curious to know about Neil's version though.

Didn't he also have some sort of injury at one point?
10:38 AM on 02/27/14
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.

Decade felt a little rushed to me, the interview aspect wasn't very in depth at all.
10:42 AM on 02/27/14
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
so they are in their 11th year as a band and have 6 studio albums...that is productive amount of albums released in that time, it would seem to be more likely to have 4 maybe 5. its almost a little strange that a band as emo and screamo as silverstein would have survived this long but kudos to them and smile for their fans. I like the songs 'smashed to peices' and 'heroine'
11:04 AM on 02/27/14
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
This makes sense. I'd just like some clarification from either party though on a more official note.
11:18 AM on 02/27/14
SILYW
User Info.
so they are in their 11th year as a band and have 6 studio albums...that is productive amount of albums released in that time, it would seem to be more likely to have 4 maybe 5. its almost a little strange that a band as emo and screamo as silverstein would have survived this long but kudos to them and smile for their fans. I like the songs 'smashed to peices' and 'heroine'
14th year as band, they released a live CD/DVD called 'Decade' 4 years ago...

Edit: 7 albums including 'Short Songs'
12:12 PM on 02/27/14
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
14th year as band, they released a live CD/DVD called 'Decade' 4 years ago...

Edit: 7 albums including 'Short Songs'
yeah but short songs is more compilationy then studioy and their first real album released was in 2003, so you know...
12:51 PM on 02/27/14
SILYW
User Info.
yeah but short songs is more compilation then studioy and their first real album released was in 2003, so you know...
No it wasn't, Short Songs was an ALBUM of 11 original songs under 90 seconds each and 11 covers. A compilation album would be material that was available on various releases/format previously( EG a greatest hits or a collection of B-sides).
01:09 PM on 02/27/14
ale5875
traduzionedicanzoni.it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Didn't he also have some sort of injury at one point?
Not sure. I know in 2011 Josh was injured and Paul Marc filled in for him on their European tour.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums