AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

La Dispute Auction "Rooms of the House" Test...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (03/04/14)
La Dispute is auctioning off three test press copies of the band's utterly amazing new record, Rooms of the House. The band will be donating all the money to charity - one test press designated for one of the charities and details can be found in the replies. Rooms of the House hits stores on March 18th.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
11:48 AM on 03/04/14
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
La Dispute Auction Test Presses for CharityAs La Dispute readies to release their upcoming full-length Rooms of the House on March 18, 2014 via Better Living, in partnership with Staple Records, the band has decided to auction off 3 test presses of the new record for charity via eBay. Previously as part of the pre-order for the record, the band invited people who ordered to choose an organization in their respective region they would like to support through their purchase, with each organization receiving a donation depending on the number of votes procured. Now the band has taken this a step further with the eBay auction of 3 test presses for 3 different charities that they have selected. Each of the 3 charities will have a designated test press that is being auctioned with the purpose of all monies going specifically to them. More information can be seen at each of the auction links below:

826 National // http://bit.ly/1fCytsr

Teen Cancer America // http://bit.ly/1fVSxuj

Girls Rock Camp Alliance // http://bit.ly/1jMzxiO

Rooms of the House will be released on March 18, 2014 via the band's own newly established label, Better Living, in partnership with Staple Records. Both digital pre-orders via iTunes (http://smarturl.it/ladispute) and physical pre-orders for Rooms of the House are currently available and packages can be seen at http://hellomerch.com/collections/la-dispute. Rooms of the House will be pressed on 3 colors, all of which are currently available for pre-order: blue swirl on clear (ltd to 1000 copies), blue (ltd to 1000 copies), and black. Pre-orders also come with a free download of the track "Stay Happy There".
12:00 PM on 03/04/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Backed.
12:59 PM on 03/04/14
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Gah I need this fucking album.
01:33 PM on 03/04/14
bunneh.
make moves, son
User Info.
Awesome causes. Recently learned there is a Girls Rock Camp in my city that I'm going to try and volunteer for this summer : )
02:08 PM on 03/04/14
heyitskyle
Lover, the Lord Has Left Us
User Info.
Holy shit. Their tours are selling out?

Good thing I got my tickets early.
02:18 PM on 03/04/14
ComedownMachine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I haven't really liked their earlier output, but I think I'm going to purchase this album.
02:18 PM on 03/04/14
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
good guys La Dispute
07:19 PM on 03/04/14
ChaseTx
I Somewhere and listened to it a lot. I really liked Wildlifebut barely listened to it. Suppose I should be excited for this.

Did we find out if this is the same concept as ALLB's album?
08:33 PM on 03/04/14
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
I Somewhere and listened to it a lot. I really liked Wildlifebut barely listened to it. Suppose I should be excited for this.

Did we find out if this is the same concept as ALLB's album?
It's not. It's a loose concept based on the dissolution of a relationship between a couple that was living together, so it's more about the various feelings these two people shared lingering in the rooms and so on. I think For Mayor In Splitsville is the song that addresses the concept in the most direct way.
05:21 AM on 03/05/14
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
User Info.
Oh my god. I need it now
09:58 AM on 03/05/14
ryleeb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ahhh cant wait for this album! What a great cause too.
11:12 AM on 03/05/14
Silent7
Writing the words of a sermon...
User Info.
This is awesome too bad I can't drop that kind of dough.

On a better note, just go an email that my blue vinyl pre-order of "Rooms of the House" just shipped today :) Can't wait!!!!
11:12 AM on 03/05/14
Castle Builders
Been fly since I was a young larvae
User Info.
Great idea.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music