Username
Password
Triple Crown Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Triple Crown Records
Inside AP.net

NK's Basement Tapes Available on Vinyl

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (03/06/14)
NK's Basement Tapes Vol.1 & 2 are now available on vinyl.

Submitted by KingKong19

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
04:13 AM on 03/07/14
nevelsaynevels
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I bought it but I'm bummed by the shipping cost on top of the requirement of a shirt that I won't wear.
06:59 AM on 03/07/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I bought it but I'm bummed by the shipping cost on top of the requirement of a shirt that I won't wear.

You could cancel the order and wait till they throw up the remaining 200 on enjoy the ride records. That's what I'm doing since the shirt looks dumb.
09:35 AM on 03/07/14
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
You could cancel the order and wait till they throw up the remaining 200 on enjoy the ride records. That's what I'm doing since the shirt looks dumb.

This is what I'm doing, merchdirect always has RIDICULOUS shipping costs. That shirt is also pretty lame, is much rather have one with the ep cover on it.
10:50 AM on 03/07/14
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
This is what I'm doing, merchdirect always has RIDICULOUS shipping costs. That shirt is also pretty lame, is much rather have one with the ep cover on it.

Smart man. That shirt has fugly font. Also love Emanuel so you get major kudos!
11:28 AM on 03/07/14
KingKong19
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Seems to be Im the only one who thinks its a cool shirt design... though the faces reprint would have been awesome for a T Shirt
12:10 PM on 03/07/14
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
Smart man. That shirt has fugly font. Also love Emanuel so you get major kudos!

Haha thanks man! Actually just picked up two Emanuel 7" singles off eBay.

That shirt looks like something you would find in a bargain bin at Urban Outfitters. Nonetheless, I am stoked for this vinyl I loved both of the basement tapes.
04:26 PM on 03/07/14
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Haha thanks man! Actually just picked up two Emanuel 7" singles off eBay.

That shirt looks like something you would find in a bargain bin at Urban Outfitters. Nonetheless, I am stoked for this vinyl I loved both of the basement tapes.

Whaaaaa! I didn't know they had 7" singles! Rad man! What songs and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

I love Basement Tapes but their debut, Nothing to be Gained Here, is KILLER! One of my favorite vinyl to play!
05:40 PM on 03/07/14
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
Whaaaaa! I didn't know they had 7" singles! Rad man! What songs and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

I love Basement Tapes but their debut, Nothing to be Gained Here, is KILLER! One of my favorite vinyl to play!

I didn't either! My fiancee got me one for Christmas and I just found another one the other day. I don't think either of them were over $10-$15 I dont think there's a lot out there so pick em up!

One is hot pink and has The Willing and Medusa (Japanese bonus track)
The other is a translucent red and has The Hey Man! (With the spoken intro) and The New Violence.

Totally NTBGH was a grower for me, but one I sat and really took it in I realized how good it was. Have you seen the live garage sessions they started doing?
09:26 PM on 03/07/14
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I didn't either! My fiancee got me one for Christmas and I just found another one the other day. I don't think either of them were over $10-$15 I dont think there's a lot out there so pick em up!

One is hot pink and has The Willing and Medusa (Japanese bonus track)
The other is a translucent red and has The Hey Man! (With the spoken intro) and The New Violence.

Totally NTBGH was a grower for me, but one I sat and really took it in I realized how good it was. Have you seen the live garage sessions they started doing?

Sweet baby Jesus! That sounds amazing! I'll have to find copies asap!

Yeah I have been, I'm a huge NK fan after NTBGH actually. While I liked GT, their full length is one of my favorite releases from last year! Like Mansions and Weatherbox- I follow anything the band does!

***Update! I just found the hot pink one on eBay for almost 20$ (including shipping) so I'll probably cop that but the red one for Hey Man is 33$ plus 14$ for shipping... FOR A 7" ughhh.

****Update dos! I just found the red one for 20 bucks as well so I bought both. Cost me like almost 50 but whatever I fucking miss Emanuel so bad!
10:43 PM on 03/07/14
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
Sweet baby Jesus! That sounds amazing! I'll have to find copies asap!

Yeah I have been, I'm a huge NK fan after NTBGH actually. While I liked GT, their full length is one of my favorite releases from last year! Like Mansions and Weatherbox- I follow anything the band does!

***Update! I just found the hot pink one on eBay for almost 20$ (including shipping) so I'll probably cop that but the red one for Hey Man is 33$ plus 14$ for shipping... FOR A 7" ughhh.

****Update dos! I just found the red one for 20 bucks as well so I bought both. Cost me like almost 50 but whatever I fucking miss Emanuel so bad!
It was one of my favorites of last year too, along with letlive. and Night Verses!

holy shit, I guess I lucked out finding the ones I got! cool to see someone with some love for Emanuel, My favorite band of all time!
01:38 AM on 03/08/14
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
It was one of my favorites of last year too, along with letlive. and Night Verses!

holy shit, I guess I lucked out finding the ones I got! cool to see someone with some love for Emanuel, My favorite band of all time!

You sir, have solid taste! Lift Your Existance is so underrated! It's definitely on my AOTY list as well. Letlive would be on that list but I hate the production on it. It's muddy and really holds the album back from killing the game. The songs are ace- it's just the recording.

I actually have a line from Anathematics tattooed on me. Huge Emanuel fan, really wish they didn't have to throw in the towel so early. I would throw stupid money into a kickstarter to get them to record LP3 but that will never even be an option
02:52 AM on 03/08/14
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
You sir, have solid taste! Lift Your Existance is so underrated! It's definitely on my AOTY list as well. Letlive would be on that list but I hate the production on it. It's muddy and really holds the album back from killing the game. The songs are ace- it's just the recording.

I actually have a line from Anathematics tattooed on me. Huge Emanuel fan, really wish they didn't have to throw in the towel so early. I would throw stupid money into a kickstarter to get them to record LP3 but that will never even be an option

Nice! What lyrics?

Lift your existence is just a straight up masterpiece, and I get where you're coming from with the production on TBB I felt the same way at first but I actually started to enjoy it after some time.

I would give all my belongings to get an LP3, but yeah that's never gonna happen. I remember they got my hopes up with a blog saying they had their banner up in a basement and were writing tunes that would have been LP3 :/ now I'm just hoping Vagrant/Staple records go through the back catalog and press it on vinyl.
07:39 AM on 03/08/14
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Nice! What lyrics?

Lift your existence is just a straight up masterpiece, and I get where you're coming from with the production on TBB I felt the same way at first but I actually started to enjoy it after some time.

I would give all my belongings to get an LP3, but yeah that's never gonna happen. I remember they got my hopes up with a blog saying they had their banner up in a basement and were writing tunes that would have been LP3 :/ now I'm just hoping Vagrant/Staple records go through the back catalog and press it on vinyl.

Yeah I was overwhelmed by LYE when it first came out cause there were so many songs to get into but wow. Just stellar. I was bummed when The Sleeping ended but now I'm kind of glad they did cause this band has major potential. I hope they get a lot more exposure by the time LP2 comes out.

I have "were all actors baby and tonight the world is your stage". It's Phobos not Anathematics, I got it mixed up for a second haha. I remember that blog on MySpace and being so hopeful hah. It's such a shame that nothing ever came of it but hopefully Buddy does have Staple press the records. If they press Found in the Flood, I don't see why they wouldn't eventually press Soundtrack at least.
11:30 PM on 03/08/14
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
Yeah I was overwhelmed by LYE when it first came out cause there were so many songs to get into but wow. Just stellar. I was bummed when The Sleeping ended but now I'm kind of glad they did cause this band has major potential. I hope they get a lot more exposure by the time LP2 comes out.

I have "were all actors baby and tonight the world is your stage". It's Phobos not Anathematics, I got it mixed up for a second haha. I remember that blog on MySpace and being so hopeful hah. It's such a shame that nothing ever came of it but hopefully Buddy does have Staple press the records. If they press Found in the Flood, I don't see why they wouldn't eventually press Soundtrack at least.

Totally get where you're coming from, I was very overwhelmed too. It was just such a large amount of music to digest especially in one sitting, but after a few listens I really began to appreciate it for what it was. I liked the fact that they didnt take the cop out and make like a 9-10 song album, I hate how that is the standard these days I miss when albums had at least 13 tracks. I believe they're already writing LP2 and have been for awhile.

That's a rad lyric! I've always wanted an Emanuel tattoo but I can never figure out what to get! Are you one of the few people who actually appreciated BET for what it was? World's different from STAH but it was still a pretty great record.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests