Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
09:00 AM on 03/11/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Great review- definitely interested in checking this out. Been heavy into MBV and Miserable, lately.

On a sidenote, has anybody else seen the garbage that Whirr posts regarding critics, specifically Ian Cohen's p4k review of this record? They called him a pussy, and went on to call any fans who commented and complained the same thing, or a retard, etc. I'm sure it's still up on Whirr's Facebook page; really turned me off to supporting such a childish group of people.
not cool. i feel like they wouldn't like this review either. i didn't realize it was still cool to "hate the man."
11:50 AM on 03/11/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Whirr did the same thing to The Needle Drop guy, photoshopping a facebook photo or something like that. I know the bassist in Nothing is a guitarist in Whirr.

But, in their defense, not necessarily the use of their word, but their feelings, the Pitchfork review got a lot of things wrong about who sings what songs, and things like that. The score wasn't even bad considering how Pitchfork normally rates things, it just felt like the writer didn't give the album any real time.
it was one of those, "i like this but im afraid to say it" sort of reviews i think, which are always kind of frustrating. but i thought he kinda threw out the lyrics completely, which i have found to be pretty good/interesting.
01:29 PM on 03/11/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
you know that Whirr doesn't care and only started commenting on it because people overreacted... to them dealing with a bunch of PC children isn't worth their time. I find it funny.
starting a discussion only to then proclaim that you are too cool or don't care about said discussion is pretty lame and extremely unoriginal.
01:39 PM on 03/11/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
personally, everyone is overreacting and it is funny to watch people get hung up on it.
i guess, but hurling insults from the perch of social media is so tired now. it's not interesting and adds nothing to help that musical community gain footing.
09:21 AM on 03/12/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
i stopped caring about being offended
you are very progressive!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles