AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 50
02:14 PM on 03/11/14
sosayweall
User Info.
So Rad, I still play it once a month, sing every line start to finish and then cry that there isn't a southern rock band exactly like them.
Every Memphis May Fire thread there are always people crying (literally this time) and whining about their southern rock sound not being as prevalent as it was with their debut full length. Get over it already, it's been 4 years and this album will be their 4th release since Sleepwalking.

They've admitted themselves that the song structures on that album are terrible. They've improved and expanded their sound and now they're a lot bigger than they were and would have been had they stuck with that boring niche sound on Sleepwalking.

That being said, these singles aren't bad in my opinion, just not that interesting. Hopefully the rest of the album is better. I like their sound, but I'd like to see them expand further.
03:04 PM on 03/11/14
A Head
User Info.
Every Memphis May Fire thread there are always people crying (literally this time) and whining about their southern rock sound not being as prevalent as it was with their debut full length. Get over it already, it's been 4 years and this album will be their 4th release since Sleepwalking.

They've admitted themselves that the song structures on that album are terrible. They've improved and expanded their sound and now they're a lot bigger than they were and would have been had they stuck with that boring niche sound on Sleepwalking.

That being said, these singles aren't bad in my opinion, just not that interesting. Hopefully the rest of the album is better. I like their sound, but I'd like to see them expand further.
Preach! I don't think this song is great by any stretch but I agree.
03:07 PM on 03/11/14
alexalexalex
User Info.

Sleepwalking was miles above anything else they've ever released. The Ep before that was just as good. I'll even give credit to the EP after sleepwalking. The hollow was good, Challenger was very "meh". And now this newest one sounds like regurgitated riffs from both of those albums. They might claim that they don't think the structures on Sleepwalking were very good, but thats because they don't want to discredit any of their newer albums that have made them all their money. They will never triumph Sleepwalking. Tis a shame, but thats just how it is

Oh, and, Changing their sound to strictly generic Risecore riffs isn't exactly "expanding" their sound. It's more like reducing their sound
04:11 PM on 03/11/14
RWStewart93
User Info.
Sleepwalking was miles above anything else they've ever released. The Ep before that was just as good. I'll even give credit to the EP after sleepwalking. The hollow was good, Challenger was very "meh". And now this newest one sounds like regurgitated riffs from both of those albums. They might claim that they don't think the structures on Sleepwalking were very good, but thats because they don't want to discredit any of their newer albums that have made them all their money. They will never triumph Sleepwalking. Tis a shame, but thats just how it is

Oh, and, Changing their sound to strictly generic Risecore riffs isn't exactly "expanding" their sound. It's more like reducing their sound
thank you.

"expanding their sound" LOL what a funny term to use for turning into a generic band that makes money in the scene. I agree completely with what you said about them discrediting sleep walking so people will listen to their new shit. Matty has amazing talent as a singer and a screamer but is one hell of a douche when it comes to a lead man for a band. Him and Jonny Craig should start an all ginger douche band.

Any other ideas on who else could be in it?
04:13 PM on 03/11/14
sosayweall
User Info.

That's not "just how it is", that is just your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, I'm willing to bet the majority of fans believe that MMF topped Sleepwalking with The Hollow.

Also, the band has indeed expanded. If you listen to some of the leads, the southern riffs are still there in some songs, just not as dominant. They've become even more melodic and catchy while managing to become heavier. Matty's vocal range has improved, and lets not forget about the electronic elements they've added to their music.
05:08 PM on 03/11/14
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
That's not "just how it is", that is just your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, I'm willing to bet the majority of fans believe that MMF topped Sleepwalking with The Hollow.

Also, the band has indeed expanded. If you listen to some of the leads, the southern riffs are still there in some songs, just not as dominant. They've become even more melodic and catchy while managing to become heavier. Matty's vocal range has improved, and lets not forget about the electronic elements they've added to their music.
Truth. Sleepwalking was good but as a huge MMF fan The Hollow is a god damn masterpiece. I am saving this song for when I buy the actual album though.
05:37 PM on 03/11/14
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.

yeahhh, but this band sucks hard. you gonna tell anybody that theyre not generic?
05:41 PM on 03/11/14
pepster50
User Info.

Dude, just.... I'm at a loss for words. Sleepwalking is better than all of their other albums by a huge stretch. The Hollow isn't as bad as some of this newer stuff but it still was incredibly generic. Song structures were so AWESOME on sleepwalking. Not every song was heavy verse,clean chorus. They were eclectic and INTERESTING ! And we didn't have these boring as fuck open note breakdowns fill up entire songs. Actual THOUGHT was put into the songwriting, and when you did reach the breakdowns in a song, it actually had power and EMOTION.

YES I LIKE CAPS !!!! LONG LIVE SLEEPWALKING !!!!
06:44 PM on 03/11/14
alexalexalex
User Info.
thank you.

"expanding their sound" LOL what a funny term to use for turning into a generic band that makes money in the scene. I agree completely with what you said about them discrediting sleep walking so people will listen to their new shit. Matty has amazing talent as a singer and a screamer but is one hell of a douche when it comes to a lead man for a band. Him and Jonny Craig should start an all ginger douche band.

Any other ideas on who else could be in it?

Haha for sure. I was a pretty big of supporter of MMF up until challenger, then I realized there wasn't really much hope left. And unfortunately, I started to realize how much Matty is into himself, and that pretty much did it in for me. Given, I don't know the dude, so I could be wrong, but from what I can gather, him and Kellin think they are hot shit
08:03 PM on 03/11/14
sosayweall
User Info.
yeahhh, but this band sucks hard. you gonna tell anybody that theyre not generic?
Such an overused lazy term to discredit a band. Yes, the music they create pertains to a certain genre, and they play it quite well. I know the word "generic" has a negative connotation, but if I think something is generic, that doesn't automatically mean I think it is bad. I'm sure all the bands you enjoy aren't all groundbreaking or not classifiable.

Dude, just.... I'm at a loss for words. Sleepwalking is better than all of their other albums by a huge stretch. The Hollow isn't as bad as some of this newer stuff but it still was incredibly generic. Song structures were so AWESOME on sleepwalking. Not every song was heavy verse,clean chorus. They were eclectic and INTERESTING ! And we didn't have these boring as fuck open note breakdowns fill up entire songs. Actual THOUGHT was put into the songwriting, and when you did reach the breakdowns in a song, it actually had power and EMOTION.

YES I LIKE CAPS !!!! LONG LIVE SLEEPWALKING !!!!
Haha okay. This is all just your opinion though. Musical preference is subjective so which album is better is pointless to argue about.
11:38 PM on 03/11/14
jonah takalua
User Info.
07:43 AM on 03/12/14
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Eh, I liked it.
08:31 AM on 03/12/14
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
This is so bad
10:28 AM on 03/12/14
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
Such an overused lazy term to discredit a band. Yes, the music they create pertains to a certain genre, and they play it quite well. I know the word "generic" has a negative connotation, but if I think something is generic, that doesn't automatically mean I think it is bad. I'm sure all the bands you enjoy aren't all groundbreaking or not classifiable.

Haha okay. This is all just your opinion though. Musical preference is subjective so which album is better is pointless to argue about.
shits boring son
05:49 PM on 03/12/14
AquaMan
Constantly evolving...
User Info.
Musically I like it..

Lyrically not so much..

I liked the other two songs released. Still have hope for this being better than Challenger.

Loved everything from The Hollow and prior.
Interesting you say that because I was thinking the exact opposite! I really like the lyrical themes they've presented thus far but everything has been very bland musically for me

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos