AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
09:41 AM on 03/18/14
surgerone
User Info.
It's kind of interesting that he keeps repeating they made this record without any outside influences. I guess it worked because it's the most consistent album they've written since Louder Now. However, while there aren't any bad songs, there also aren't any songs that impressed me, like This Is All Now or Everything Must Go on the previous albums. We'll see if it holds up well over the time.
I noticed that common thread throughout the interview as well, "outside influences". Did they have co-writers or something on previous albums? Or is Adam just referring to the sense of pressure they felt on previous albums?

Edit: Also, I agree. I enjoy this album much more than I thought I would.
05:13 PM on 03/18/14
surgerone
User Info.
I just assumed he meant that this was a record done with friends. Instead of going with a producer they don't know as well or hang out with as much, they went with 2 people that "were friends first" and not from outside of their circle. Could be wrong though, probably should have clarified, but we also only had 20 minutes to do the interview.
That makes sense to me. I wasn't sure if I'd missed something that had happened in the past.

I enjoyed how this interview was direct and to the point (obviously due in part to the time limit). Good job!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos