Username
Password
Hip-Hop News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hip-Hop
Inside AP.net

Tha Carter V Will Be Lil Wayne's Final Album

Posted by: Jake Jenkins (03/13/14)
In a new interview with MTV, Lil Wayne confirmed that Tha Carter V will be his last solo LP.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 139
10:04 AM on 03/13/14
KingOfSpain
You Are a Permanent Scar
User Info.
Praise Yeezus.
10:05 AM on 03/13/14
Cammiecoke
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why do hip-hop artists always announce a retirement that they in no way will follow through with?
10:07 AM on 03/13/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Why do hip-hop artists always announce a retirement that they in no way will follow through with?
its not exclusive to hip-hop. happens in sports a lot.
10:11 AM on 03/13/14
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
' "25 to 35 million would get me to do another solo album after this," Weezy told MTV News after taking a deep breath and a second to think out his answer. '

really dude?? c'mon...
10:12 AM on 03/13/14
Ryan Dennehy
hope its good
10:13 AM on 03/13/14
ttmessick
User Info.
"Like Father, Like Son" was great. I dunno if another one would be as great at this point or if he just meant he would be open to collaborations like that one.
10:14 AM on 03/13/14
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
' "25 to 35 million would get me to do another solo album after this," Weezy told MTV News after taking a deep breath and a second to think out his answer. '

really dude?? c'mon...
and there is a man who is solely in it for the love of the bling rather than the love of music. i can't wait to never hear his name again (except for on shitty remixes.)
10:15 AM on 03/13/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
and there is a man who is solely in it for the love of the bling rather than the love of music. i can't wait to never hear his name again (except for on shitty remixes.)
if he was only in it for the love of the "bling" he wouldn't be retiring. think about what you say before you say it.
10:16 AM on 03/13/14
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
"the love of the bling"
10:17 AM on 03/13/14
Ryan Dennehy
are you people crazy? his point is that it would take an obscene amount of money to get him to put himself through the process of recording an album again. he's tired. he's been doing this for like twenty years. he went to prison, he released an absurd number of amazing tapes/records and then has had to go through a lot of personal shit since - seizures, addiction, prison, everything. come the fuck on. dude wants to be done. he's not "in it for the money" alone and if you think that he is well why the fuck shouldn't he be? he makes a fucking ton of money and he grew up with none. get off your high horse god damn guys
10:20 AM on 03/13/14
sakattack123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
are you people crazy? his point is that it would take an obscene amount of money to get him to put himself through the process of recording an album again. he's tired. he's been doing this for like twenty years. he went to prison, he released an absurd number of amazing tapes/records and then has had to go through a lot of personal shit since - seizures, addiction, prison, everything. come the fuck on. dude wants to be done. he's not "in it for the money" alone and if you think that he is well why the fuck shouldn't he be? he makes a fucking ton of money and he grew up with none. get off your high horse god damn guys
Agreed. He was saying if he was offered a ridiculous amount of money, he couldn't say no, but he wouldn't do just a quick cash grab or anything.

I have faith that this album will restore Wayne as one of the top, he's definitely fallen off a bit, but I believe in the prophecy haha
10:21 AM on 03/13/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
See "Farewell" tours from The Rolling Stones, The Who, etc.
10:21 AM on 03/13/14
Ryan Dennehy
"in it for the bling"

"i apologize to my fans and promise to work harder because i wasn't nominated for any award this yeaR"
http://www.vibe.com/article/lil-wayn...ackluster-year

come on fuck
10:23 AM on 03/13/14
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
if he's so god damn tired and over it, then just be done. maybe he hasn't always been shitty (i wouldn't know, to be honest), but i can't stand him. sue me.

i really don't care what he does or doesn't do. i don't listen to the radio so i'm able to stay away from his music. i'm glad i said "the love of the bling" though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests