Username
Password
Taking Back Sunday News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Taking Back Sunday
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: Taking Back Sunday

Posted by: Deborah Remus (03/13/14)
We recently interviewed Taking Back Sunday vocalist Adam Lazzara about Happiness Is, which will be released through Hopeless Records on Tuesday.
I think we went with Happiness Is because itís kind of a blanket statement about where the band is right now. We were much more comfortable writing with each other this time around and there wasnít any kind of outside influence as we were writing and recording. I think it just speaks a lot to where Taking Back Sunday is right now.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
03:25 PM on 03/13/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Such a wonderful album. I didn't expect it. It has blown me away.
03:48 PM on 03/13/14
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
such a ballin album. sounds good on so many levels. been listening to it a ton.

- Gunz
04:04 PM on 03/13/14
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
Great album. Great interview.
07:11 PM on 03/13/14
ActOfPeace
User Info.
I've liked the self titled! Cant wait for tuesday!
08:20 PM on 03/13/14
tomg1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stood a chance is such a catchy song!
10:00 PM on 03/13/14
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
User Info.
great album but, and i'm sorry there's a but, but i don't think i'll enjoy it for very long. it doesn't seem deep enough
04:04 AM on 03/14/14
heartsdietoo
User Info.
great album but, and i'm sorry there's a but, but i don't think i'll enjoy it for very long. it doesn't seem deep enough

This. I also just don't understand why they don't incorporate more of their dueling vocal style from TAYF. I realize that they've matured and what not but they're so damn good at it. That being said, I still enjoy the album and place it miles ahead of self-titled.
04:23 AM on 03/14/14
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
After all the hype you made in the TBS thread...
08:00 AM on 03/14/14
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
User Info.
After all the hype you made in the TBS thread...
Lol I know, but I compared it to devil and god and that one was deep as hell from sowing season to archer and handcuffs. It's a damn fine album especially for tbs since people weren't expect much cause the bar was lowered for them.
08:14 AM on 03/14/14
rodericknj
son, i loved you at your darkest
User Info.
Yep and yep. Dig how far this band has come and it truly makes me happy they're still going at it. Love the organic approach they took this time around.
Totally great album although I would have loved a couple more in the vein of Flicker, Fade. Lot of nostalgic sounds going on but I would have killed for a bit more of that TAYF flavor. Overall it is more than a pleasant set of songs and a great addition to the TBS catalog.
11:05 AM on 03/14/14
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
Lol I know, but I compared it to devil and god and that one was deep as hell from sowing season to archer and handcuffs. It's a damn fine album especially for tbs since people weren't expect much cause the bar was lowered for them.

Album isn't even out yet and you're saying it's not going to last long for you. Could it be because it's the only thing you've listened to this week? haha it's close to being that for me, but I haven't gotten tired of it. I think it has a lot of staying power.
11:21 AM on 03/14/14
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
User Info.
I really like the album, a lot, but I'm really letdown by the closer on the album. They've always been good at ending on a really high note.

Head Club
Slowdance on the Inside
I'll Let You Live
Everything Must Go
Call Me In the Morning

This one just doesn't have the same feel as those closers. But, I do like the album.
11:35 AM on 03/14/14
anciar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is one of the best tbs albums of all time, songs evolve as you listen to them more
11:56 AM on 03/14/14
Sean.Murphy
Stay Hungry, Stay Free
User Info.
ive always had a love/hate relationship with the way Adam refuses to ever divulge what his lyrics are really about. It's cool that he likes them to be open to interpretation, so anyone can really make it THEIR song, but at the same time sometimes I think a song means more to me when I can maybe relate to it, knowing what it's about.

oh well! great album, great interview!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News