AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Yellowcard News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Yellowcard
Inside AP.net

Longineu "LP" Parsons III Has Parted Ways...

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/13/14)
Long-time drummer Longineu "LP" Parsons III has parted ways with Yellowcard. Said the band in a joint statement, "Longineu has decided to pursue other musical interests. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors." A replacement has not been announced but the band has begun work on their next album.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 180
04:24 PM on 03/13/14
jackgillsays
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yellowcard should just call it quits now. You can't replace LP. You just can't.
04:24 PM on 03/13/14
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
You'd think they'd release a bit more of a statement than that. But regardless, this really sucks and makes me very sad.
04:26 PM on 03/13/14
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
Yellowcard should just call it quits now. You can't replace LP. You just can't.
yeah you can. you can't replace ryan key, the guy writes the majority of the music. as long as he is still writing as well as he has on their last few albums i would never ask them to call it quits.

i will say that LP is one of the best drummers in a pop punk band and definitely gave yellowcard an energy and level of musicianship that placed them above a lot of other bands in their scene. they'll need to find someone top notch to maintain that quality.
choice-of-fate
Groezrock represent.
User Info.
Weird statement. Although I must say that when I saw Yellowcard on tour a few times the last years, he never seemed to enjoy himself. Especially on the acoustic tour it seemed like a drag for him.
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Did not see that coming
04:27 PM on 03/13/14
jonah takalua
User Info.
how many nut shots are pop punk gonna take this week?
04:27 PM on 03/13/14
TylerDrumming
User Info.
Really disappointed to hear this. LP has always been one of my favorite drummers in the scene and I was really excited to finally see him perform live this summer. Best of luck to him in whatever he pursues next.
04:28 PM on 03/13/14
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
i wonder who they will get for warped now?
katietheskatie
walking on a wire on the ground
User Info.
Fuck. LP has always been one of my favourite drummers, and a big part of why I love Yellowcard as much as I do.
AndrewSoup
It's A Secret To Everyone
User Info.
I think my heart may have stopped for a second or two when I saw this announcement on Facebook.
LP was such a fantastic drummer, he really was a defining force in the band. I hope they can find someone suitable to do his parts live, and to match that same musicianship in the studio.
...atfirstsight
User Info.
yeah you can. you can't replace ryan key, the guy writes the majority of the music. as long as he is still writing music as good as their last few albums i would never ask them to call it quits.

i will say that LP is one of the best drummers in a pop punk band and definitely gave yellowcard an energy and level of musicianship that placed them above a lot of other bands in their scene. they'll need to find someone top notch to maintain that quality.
If they can wait around long enough, they should pick up Nathan Young once his Anberlin duties are over... Losing LP is a blow though, no doubt about it.
04:29 PM on 03/13/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
Bummer. That guy shreds.
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Fuck :/
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
If they can wait around long enough, they should pick up Nathan Young once his Anberlin duties are over... Losing LP is a blow though, no doubt about it.
i would love for that to happen.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News