AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Metal News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Metallica Release Demo of New Track

Posted by - 01:52 PM on 03/19/14
You heard the live version, now check out a demo of Metallica's new song, "Lords of Summer," in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
01:53 PM on 03/19/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
02:03 PM on 03/19/14
Bradalee21
Hmm...
User Info.
Oh wow, i'm a big Metallica fan, but i found that to be boring and repetitive. I seriously hope this is a very early demo, and they have something much better up their sleeves than this.
02:16 PM on 03/19/14
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't think it's incredible but it has some good moments and the studio version will definitely sound better. Do we know yet who they recorded this with?
02:39 PM on 03/19/14
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
I've been a huge Metallica fan for going on 20 years. This isn't bad, but they should really try to cut it down to 4 minutes or so. Enough with the 8 minute songs.
02:42 PM on 03/19/14
In-Silence
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The sound quality of this demo is about even with Death Magnetic.
03:21 PM on 03/19/14
xJesusFreakx
Rejoice! Rejoice!
User Info.
Releasing a demo shortly after a live performance pops up on YouTube so people can hear the song better is smart.

As for the song, it's about as good as anything from the Death Magnetic sessions, which basically means it's not bad and pretty enjoyable for the whole (too long) duration of the track, but it doesn't do anything to justify its existence and will be forgotten in favor of material from their first decade as a band before long. Oh well. At least they seem to be enjoying what they're doing. Hard to fault them for that. They've released enough great material, so I'm content with them just doing what they enjoy until they can't.
05:25 PM on 03/19/14
dragani
User Info.
"Garage demo" of a song recorded in a million-dollar studio.
05:33 PM on 03/19/14
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
"Garage demo" of a song recorded in a million-dollar studio.
haha.

god Lars sucks. so does this song. Metallica hasn't been good in literally 25 years
06:19 PM on 03/19/14
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
The sound quality of this demo is about even with Death Magnetic.
The track needs more clipping for that to happen... Damn, that record was loud.

I lie this track though. I'd love for them to release a record full of 3-4 minute thrash tracks.
08:29 PM on 03/19/14
JSNFRMN
My Lawyer Made Me Change This
User Info.
This isn't too bad. Track length is a problem though. Seems to be long just for the sake of it. 5-6 mins tops.

Seem to remember when they were writing/recording Death Magnetic, the 2 songs they played live around 2006 didn't make the album but parts of those songs were kept, Judas Kiss was one of the songs that had a part from one of the songs they played live I think. Hope that is what will happen here.
03:19 AM on 03/20/14
jonah takalua
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
10:03 AM on 03/20/14
Fuck_yeah_dude
Doug J.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fucking love Metallica, excited by this except I wish they would just get off their asses and make a fucking thrash record and PUT IT OUT. There's no reason for taking so long between records. Death Magnetic came out when I was in high school and now I'm graduated from college. Come on man. I need more METALLICAAAAA.

At first I was like man, Metallica has written some great stuff but this isn't anything that high school kids couldn't play... but then Hetfield starts singing and they got their groove in the pocket and its just fucking awesome. Metallica is still so Metallica and its awesome. Can't wait for the record. But seriously, make it and put it out! Municipal Waste and Warbringer have done like 3 awesome thrash records in the time it took Metallica to do 1 plus this demo!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos