AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streaming News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streaming
Inside AP.net

Stream New Seahaven LP "Reverie Lagoon: Music For...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (03/21/14)
You can stream Seahaven's fantastic new album, Reverie Lagoon: Music for Escapism Only, at Noisey. The album is available next Tuesday via Run For Cover Records.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
09:25 AM on 03/21/14
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Really stoked to give this a listen.
It's the coolest record name I've heard in a long time
09:31 AM on 03/21/14
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
i genuinely am so disappointed by this record. it just feels really lazy and boring compared to everything else they've done.
09:43 AM on 03/21/14
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
And I'm out of work early today. Yessssssss.
09:44 AM on 03/21/14
mycuban
hermits.bandcamp.com
User Info.
i genuinely am so disappointed by this record. it just feels really lazy and boring compared to everything else they've done.
Glad I'm not the only one. I listened a few times and it just bores me. The songs they put on that 7 inch with Silhouette I liked more than anything off the actual record.
09:46 AM on 03/21/14
cscwell107
You Will Always Have My Attention
User Info.
This album is wonderful
10:08 AM on 03/21/14
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
RIYL?
10:20 AM on 03/21/14
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
it's also 5 bucks on bandcamp
10:21 AM on 03/21/14
BozzBlonde
twitter.com/adeadgod
User Info.
Half way through and I'm surprisingly enjoying it way more than I thought it would. I can see how people would get bored with it though.
10:26 AM on 03/21/14
thisisntworking
Run for Cover Records
User Info.
10:41 AM on 03/21/14
signal to noise
User Info.
this band is strictly for people who arent tasteless as fuck. they continue to get better exponentially with each release while the people that don't get it still think Ghost is the best shit. get outta hereeeee.
10:52 AM on 03/21/14
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
Glad I'm not the only one. I listened a few times and it just bores me. The songs they put on that 7 inch with Silhouette I liked more than anything off the actual record.

I really liked those and 'Flesh'. It just feels like 'Flesh' picks up some momentum and then from there it goes nowhere! Essentially this band discovered what reverb is and decided it sounded great caked on everything

this band is strictly for people who arent tasteless as fuck. they continue to get better exponentially with each release while the people that don't get it still think Ghost is the best shit. get outta hereeeee.

so you're saying because i stated my opinion that i am "tasteless as fuck" - not everyone can conform to your perfect ideology that Seahaven are the best band. I've had this album for about a week and have sat down with it several times. I just think it's terrible.

#indiecred
11:02 AM on 03/21/14
drummer13
http://chaplinband.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
The album suffers by barely ever allowing the band to break out of their quiet mold (exceptions are Andreas, Silhouette, Flesh, and Karma, and even these never get that crazy). Things can still get dreamy and big even if the drums and guitars get to do a cool break every once in a while. The album itself is not bad, but I don't think it holds up well as a Seahaven album. Hopefully their next release sees them combining all of their previous sounds to create something actually worth celebrating. For now, this will be a nice quiet release, but nothing spectacular.
11:13 AM on 03/21/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
The album suffers by barely ever allowing the band to break out of their quiet mold (exceptions are Silhouette, Flesh, and Karma, and even these never get that crazy). Things can still get dreamy and big even if the drums and guitars get to do a cool break every once in a while. The album itself is not bad, but I don't think it holds up well as a Seahaven album. Hopefully their next release sees them combining all of their previous sounds to create something actually worth celebrating. For now, this will be a nice quiet release, but nothing spectacular.

I agree. The album starts off great but the one dimensional wall of reverb wears out on you by the time the record closes. It is tough to "escape" to the dreamy realm of the record when there isn't nearly as much depth to it as initially thought. Overall it is a solid record though.
11:19 AM on 03/21/14
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Change that track listing font color, brotha. Unreadable with the white bg.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests