Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AbsolutePlaylist: "Spring Cleaning"

Posted by: Jake Jenkins (03/21/14)
We're back this week with another AbsolutePlaylist, a feature that will bring you a playlist each Friday from one of our staff members or a special guest to ring your weekend in the right way. For today's playlist, I handpicked a batch of songs from some of my favorite springtime albums, new and old, for a playlist to soundtrack this year's spring season. You can check out a Spotify link in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
09:45 AM on 03/21/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
"Spring Cleaning"

Click here to listen!

The Format - The First Single
Danny Brown - Lie4
Grimes - Genesis
James Blake - Retrograde
Now, Now - Separate Rooms
Chief Keef - Citgo
Baroness - A Horse Called Golgotha
Daft Punk - Around The World / Harder Better Faster Stronger
Lil Wayne - Fly Out
Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie xx - Running
YG - BPT
The War On Drugs - Red Eyes
Shabazz Palaces - Swerve... the reeping of all that is worthwhile (Noir not withstanding)
The National - City Middle
Death Grips - Hacker

Every time the season changes, I feel compelled to make a new playlist full of albums that will dominate my speakers for the months to follow. This week's AbsolutePlaylist features a collection of songs from a handful of albums that made it onto my springtime playlist for this year. It's an eclectic bunch, featuring mostly hip-hop tracks, but there's also some metal, some alt-rock, and some electronic tossed in for good measure. These are songs that will sound good when the sun is out and you can drive around with your windows down, but they'll also be fitting for those times in the spring when winter dares to show its face again (if you're in the midwest like me, you know what I'm talking about). Anyway, put on your sunglasses or your jacket (or both) and enjoy the songs that will be defining Spring 2014 for me.
02:34 PM on 03/21/14
ChaseTx
I listened a bit during my drive and may use it again to actually clean this weekend, haha. I may do one of my own later too.
05:17 PM on 03/21/14
Penguin
Twenty Centuries Of Sleep
User Info.
Now, Now rules!
07:40 PM on 03/21/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
I saw YG twice in one night a few weeks back. I heard "YG FOUR-HUNNED!!!" about 100 times that night.
04:22 AM on 03/22/14
John_Barnes
I'm not a self help book.
User Info.
Gil Scott into YG? I gotta hear how that goes.
07:51 AM on 03/22/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
I listened a bit during my drive and may use it again to actually clean this weekend, haha. I may do one of my own later too.
haha, im doing a lot of cleaning today so this thing will be in rotation for sure
i cant wait for their new album, one of my most anticipated for the rest of the year
Gil Scott into YG? I gotta hear how that goes.
actually pretty well, but i had the YG song before the gil scott song originally but then i accidentally deleted the playlist (whoops) and had to re do it and ended up putting it in the wrong spot. but i think it still works.
09:37 AM on 03/22/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
The First Single might be my favorite Format song.
11:16 AM on 04/07/14
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
The First Single might be my favorite Format song.
Same! It's probably one of my favorites of all time. It was the first I had heard from the band, in an hold Halo video. Coincidentally, the video had Motion City Soundtrack's "Perfect Teeth" and "Dark Blue" by Jack's Mannequin.

That video basically changed my entire musical outlook.

Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests