Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 92
03:37 AM on 03/25/14
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not as good as gospel but still a 9/10….so unique in some aspects….took a few listens to get into
03:56 AM on 03/25/14
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Gospel never grabbed me, in all honesty. Still think I'll check this out.
04:01 AM on 03/25/14
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
Love this line: "I'm not in a huge rush to choose which effort is more impressive. I'm content to take Oh, Common Life with me for the ride, peeling back more layers and discovering more nuances along the way."

I feel like everyone (including myself) was too busy comparing this to gospel to really just enjoy how awesome these songs are. There's really no way to say which one is better to me since I've had this for a week and gospel for 3 years. I'm just happy the band released another album. Love the album.
05:10 AM on 03/25/14
esposimi
0118 999 881 99 9119 7253
User Info.
One of the best releases of the year so far.
05:48 AM on 03/25/14
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
This is a perfect review for the record. A lot to digest on the record and I have felt people have been more concerned with comparing it to Gospel then actually letting it fully sink in. Both incredible records. I'm not sure I have ever been more obsessed with a bands consistent catalog from Bonfires EP, Gospel into Oh, Common Life. Well done gents.
05:49 AM on 03/25/14
jorbjorb
User Info.
fack this is a good one
05:56 AM on 03/25/14
Tyler Dumont
@tylerdumont
User Info.
Just bought it on iTunes and will probably pick up a copy when I see them in April. As always, they seem to be able to say exactly how i'm feeling. Fantastic record.
05:56 AM on 03/25/14
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
I've only listened to it a few times so far and I'm loving it.
06:08 AM on 03/25/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Monster of a review- incredible job, Thomas. After multiple listens, this album really hits home and shows how personal and mature the band can be. This is the night to Gospel's day, mixed with In Reverie and a hint of Infinity on High. Highly addictive.
06:11 AM on 03/25/14
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Accurate review. They got better and sadder. I like this a lot, but hopefully they drop a full on power pop fountains of Wayne esque EP one day...
06:28 AM on 03/25/14
tub and rug
I find a spark in the normal.
User Info.
I hope this album grows on me.
07:12 AM on 03/25/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
This is a perfect review for the record. A lot to digest on the record and I have felt people have been more concerned with comparing it to Gospel then actually letting it fully sink in. Both incredible records. I'm not sure I have ever been more obsessed with a bands consistent catalog from Bonfires EP, Gospel into Oh, Common Life. Well done gents.
kinda my goal at the end there was to hopefully push people away from comparing the two records and just listen to this one as its own thing
07:17 AM on 03/25/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
this band, i feel, is doomed to never really receive the recognition it deserves in terms of pure success. whether it's selling albums or drawing fans to shows, they are right among the best of their peers - the bands they grew up with that came into relevance around 2009 or so. why that's the case isn't something i fully understand, but i hope fireworks continues to make records for a while. it's exciting to watch them develop.
07:19 AM on 03/25/14
avarice14
A Waste Of A Time
User Info.
So basically, it's really hard to review a definitive grower? agree.
07:20 AM on 03/25/14
avarice14
A Waste Of A Time
User Info.
This album's biggest 'flaw' is being a follow up to Gospel.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos