AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

There May Be Four or Five More Unreleased Johnny Cash...

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/26/14)
Johnny Cash's son has stated that there may be "four or five" more albums worth of unreleased material.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
05:25 PM on 03/26/14
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
That doesn't surprise me, but the lack of surprise definitely doesn't make it any less awesome.
05:37 PM on 03/26/14
mr_raccoon
UᴼᴥᴼU
User Info.
Can't wait to hear the song he did with Biggie and Tupac
05:39 PM on 03/26/14
Drewbug00
User Info.
Yes yes yes. There really is a lot of material out there that was shelved. If he's talking about the stuff Bear Family hasn't put out, then we are in for a good lot.

I'm actually excited about a session from 1975 that were re-recordings of his biggest hits that was supposed to be for a 20th anniversary album.
05:41 PM on 03/26/14
A Head
User Info.
There*
06:12 PM on 03/26/14
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
That's a lot of shit.
06:59 PM on 03/26/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
If he wanted it out, I think he (probably) would have put it out. The man died still making music. If he felt it was worth putting out, he would have done something with it. Unless he died before he got the chance to, I don't think he wanted it released.
07:53 PM on 03/26/14
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
some of the songs on that new one are hilarious.
08:22 PM on 03/26/14
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
If he wanted it out, I think he (probably) would have put it out. The man died still making music. If he felt it was worth putting out, he would have done something with it. Unless he died before he got the chance to, I don't think he wanted it released.
That's not always the case... Labels and contracts also could be the case... And I bet thats the case with alot of this stuff.
08:33 PM on 03/26/14
randys950
@randys950
User Info.

I agree. he probably thought that these songs are really really bad and generic and shelved them. they quality might be horrible and not worth listening to.
unless you absolutely love the guy and worship everything he creates. otherwise I'd stay away.
08:56 PM on 03/26/14
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
I agree. he probably thought that these songs are really really bad and generic and shelved them. they quality might be horrible and not worth listening to.
unless you absolutely love the guy and worship everything he creates. otherwise I'd stay away.
To this day I still love the one John Lennon: Acoustic album that had a lot of rough ideas and/or demos. You're often your own worst critic, and some of these may be great songs that while he never intended to release may be great tracks in all reality.
09:01 PM on 03/26/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
That's not always the case... Labels and contracts also could be the case... And I bet thats the case with alot of this stuff.

True. With a death in the contract, I'm not sure how it legally plays out from there, or what his plans for the songs were.
09:14 PM on 03/26/14
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
True. With a death in the contract, I'm not sure how it legally plays out from there, or what his plans for the songs were.
Also, people forget there was a time that his fame decreased, before having a huge resurgence near the end of his life.. Meaning that there is probably a lot of material that labels rejected or shelved because they didnt know how to/didn't want to promote it when he wasnt in much demand... But now of course anyone would put out anything unreleased by him, no matter what the reason was decades ago
09:20 PM on 03/26/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Has anyone listened to the new one? It any good or is it as lackluster as the stuff actually released during the 80s?
10:10 PM on 03/26/14
Drewbug00
User Info.
Has anyone listened to the new one? It any good or is it as lackluster as the stuff actually released during the 80s?

Yeah I have it and I think its really good, but its not the Johnny Cash most people are familar with. This is Cash trying to fit in with the contemporary country sound at the time. For some reason, whether it's because they remastered or re-recorded some of the instruments, this album stands out among his other "efforts" from the 80s and it sounds like it could have had possible chart material. Although it probably would have been ignored back then, its still worth a listen.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests