AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Angel Du$t Song Premiere

Posted by - 12:12 PM on 03/27/14
We're excited to premiere a short (but awesome) song from Angel Du$t, fronted by Trapped Under Ice vocalist Justice Tripp. Consider "Stepping Stone" to be small taste of what you can expect from the band's upcoming debut full length record, A.D., set to be released this summer on both Reaper Records & React! Records.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
12:12 PM on 03/27/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
12:32 PM on 03/27/14
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
I love this band so much. Can't wait for the full length.
01:22 PM on 03/27/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
This is my SHIT right here
02:28 PM on 03/27/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This is rad
02:29 PM on 03/27/14
mallorina
User Info.
I'm not trying to start an argument, but I think this thread needs a little history.

"(I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone" was initially performed by Paul Revere and the Raiders, and eventually became a go-to cover song for tons of bands. Both Minor Threat and Sex Pistols popularized it.

That being said, if this were a cover, it wouldn't bother me. But it's not. I think the instrumentation and lyrics are an uncredited rip-off.

06:18 PM on 03/27/14
Jurtice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not trying to start an argument, but I think this thread needs a little history.

"(I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone" was initially performed by Paul Revere and the Raiders, and eventually became a go-to cover song for tons of bands. Both Minor Threat and Sex Pistols popularized it.

That being said, if this were a cover, it wouldn't bother me. But it's not. I think the instrumentation and lyrics are an uncredited rip-off.

Yeah, because Paul revere and the raiders created the term "stepping stone". It simply did not exist prior to that song and the bands who covered it. People havent always use that terms to describe someone who gets walked on. Good point

As for the lyrics, it has nothing in common, not even the same message other than the words "stepping stone". As for the "instrumentation" there are 0 similarities. Not the same key, scale, tempo, not even a similar feel. 0 similarities except punk rock influence. So what you ultimately said is its a rip off because its the same genre and uses the same 2 words as multiple other punk bands have used.

Thanks for the history lesson
08:29 PM on 03/27/14
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
User Info.

Its crazy how much better recording equipment has gottn
09:43 PM on 03/27/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
Sick band.
09:57 AM on 03/28/14
mallorina
User Info.
Yeah, because Paul revere and the raiders created the term "stepping stone". It simply did not exist prior to that song and the bands who covered it. People havent always use that terms to describe someone who gets walked on. Good point

As for the lyrics, it has nothing in common, not even the same message other than the words "stepping stone". As for the "instrumentation" there are 0 similarities. Not the same key, scale, tempo, not even a similar feel. 0 similarities except punk rock influence. So what you ultimately said is its a rip off because its the same genre and uses the same 2 words as multiple other punk bands have used.

Thanks for the history lesson
0:16 in the angel dust video
0:45 in the minor threat video

really?
10:25 AM on 03/29/14
AReiss
Coffee & Cigarettes Clothing Co.
User Info.
0:16 in the angel dust video
0:45 in the minor threat video

really?
Yeah. I dig both songs, and you're spot on.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos