Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 58
10:16 AM on 03/31/14
BrucexLee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Amazing follow up to Winter Forever.
Definitely AOTY potential.

'Andreas', 'On The Floor' and 'Karma Consequential' are my personal favorites from the album.

Actually, 'On The Floor' might be the best song they have ever written IMO
10:20 AM on 03/31/14
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I feel like this album would be perfect for smoking weed on a yacht. I don't smoke weed and I've never been on a yacht, so I don't know how I came to that conclusion.
10:21 AM on 03/31/14
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
If you're looking for a "follow up" to Winter Forever you will be sorely disappointed. But if you come into the record with open ears and mind, and allow Seahaven to redefine their music with this record, you'll be incredibly happy you did.

Reverie Lagoon is perfect music for the end of the night: winding down, laying in bed with a book or slowly drifting off.
10:24 AM on 03/31/14
ImAMetaphor
Not throwing stones at you anymore
User Info.
Fantastic record, fantastic review
10:38 AM on 03/31/14
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
I was listening to this all weekend. I can't explain what is so great about this album but it is captivating. There are times it drags but the overall vide is on point. A "rainy Sunday morning with coffee" type album for me. Great review.
10:49 AM on 03/31/14
JeffyDomer
Things are the same.
User Info.
On the floor is amazing.
10:59 AM on 03/31/14
viZ^
Editor @ Rockfreaks.net
User Info.
I was really ready for this record to go in a totally different direction from "Winter Forever" (though I've come to love that record more and more) but after listening to it again and again for a couple of days, I only got increasingly frustrated. Based on what I'm hearing the record lacks both strong melodies and striking compositional movements. There are a few, but far from enough on a 14 track disc. I love me some ambitious experimentation, but this is one of the cases where I had to go against my habits and say that I think their old stuff is way better. I'd be surprised if this proves to have much longevity, which makes me sad.
11:36 AM on 03/31/14
Mikeallover
User Info.
I could never get into this bands last record and I actually left a show before they played once because of it. Now I regret it because this album is fantastic.
01:23 PM on 03/31/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Fuck user scores.
02:27 PM on 03/31/14
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
My only qualm with this record aside from the kind of disappointing finish (still love the effects at the end with the water lapping and such) is that Flesh on it's own is the only really energetic track on the record and it's so random and it's kindof polarizing. It's a really good song, probably my favourite, but it's so out of place that it's ridiculous. They would have done better to put Phantom Family on the actual record and put that next to it.

All in all, I'm glad to see more positive feedback here, I heard a lot of negative elsewhere. Still hope that this release doesn't end the days of them playing Head in the Sand live though, that song was made to break audiences.
03:01 PM on 03/31/14
Merkin
A Fine Evening For a Rogue
User Info.
if everyone loves it, why are the member ratings so low
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
This album is really surprising. Not that I didn't love Seahaven before this, but wow.
swinx
User Info.
While I still haven't listened to this album enough to form a strong opinion on it, I am very surprised at how many people are saying this is so much better than Winter Forever. I loved that album.
03:08 PM on 03/31/14
bestofmoss
core
User Info.
Is there any story behind the 4 ep structure?
03:31 PM on 03/31/14
AC_Eskimo
User Info.
I'm surprised this is getting so much positive feedback here. This album confuses my ears. Sometimes I really like it, and sometimes it can be a chore to listen to. I feel that there is often a lack of strong melodies (with obvious exceptions), but I also enjoy the artistry that is constantly on display. I've listened to it all the way through at least a dozen times, and I am still interested in figuring out what I think of it. I suppose that is a good thing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos