AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Thrice News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Riley Breckenridge Posts "Black Death"

Posted by - 03:54 PM on 03/31/14
Riley Breckenridge (Thrice) has posted a new track, "Black Death." Check it out in the replies.
I was presented with an opportunity to write some music for a particular beverage company that was looking for something dark, moody and timeless, yet modern (which is totally contradictory, but whatever ... 'tis the nature of the beast). So, I wrote this. It wasn't picked up, but I'm still kinda happy with it and wish you all could see what I was scoring when I wrote this. (it'd make more sense in context.) I think it's still OK as a standalone track, but out of context, I can see how it might be tough to digest. Figured I might as well share it, rather than having it rot on a hard drive somewhere.

Submitted by huludfan82

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
03:54 PM on 03/31/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
03:58 PM on 03/31/14
emerson1892
COWABUNGA
User Info.
I love his soundcloud page. Such great atmospheric tunes. Reminds me a lot of the water ep from Alchemy.
04:07 PM on 03/31/14
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
I actually didn't mind that. His description fits well. I wonder what beverage company it was...
04:31 PM on 03/31/14
Alexx Miller
Dominic Decoco
User Info.
fantastic, like always
05:38 PM on 03/31/14
hiddenjem
User Info.
This is sweet.. An album please ;)
08:39 PM on 03/31/14
getupguy222
User Info.
It's always interesting to me when a band splits and various members put out stuff, you get a unique look at what everyone was bringing to the table creatively. I enjoyed this little track, and could have very much heard it as an intro or outro on vheissu or the index stuff layered in behind teppei's guitar work. Maybe that's just me.

I also enjoyed that when the get up kids split, that Black Pool Light's record Jim did (which was amazing) coupled with Matt's new ams releases at the time (worse for the wear/story like a scar) gave a pretty good glemps at what each guy was individually bringing to the table to make up the Get Up Kids sound. I think this and dustin's stuff does the same for thrice.
08:35 AM on 04/01/14
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
Black Death would be for Coca-Cola given this title ;p I don't know what was the aim, but it's too dark for a commercial it seems.
10:44 AM on 04/03/14
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Sounds exactly like a song Emika would've released. Love the creepy vibe.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos