Username
Password
Yellowcard News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Yellowcard
Inside AP.net

Yellowcard Begin Pre-Production with Neal Avron

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/31/14)
Pre-production has begun on the new Yellowcard album -- the band will again be working with Neal Avron.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
03:11 PM on 03/31/14
ThePoison69
Hero For Hire
User Info.
Stoked they picked up Nate from Anberlin to play drums on the album, stoked they're still working with Neal. Hoping for a Lights and Sounds / WYTTSY hybrid but whatever they do it will be awesome as always
03:16 PM on 03/31/14
YCfaninAZ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Judging by all the news that's been flying around lately, the Card has something huge in store for us this fall.

EDIT: Also, is anyone else getting a "Lights and Sounds" vibe from this record? (A founding member leaving, Ryan commenting on how the album is going to have a bigger and fuller sound, unanswered questions and controversy, ect.)

Either way, stoked to hear this
03:36 PM on 03/31/14
claw1400
I want this to be my awakening
User Info.
Judging by all the news that's been flying around lately, the Card has something huge in store for us this fall.

EDIT: Also, is anyone else getting a "Lights and Sounds" vibe from this record? (A founding member leaving, Ryan commenting on how the album is going to have a bigger and fuller sound, unanswered questions and controversy, ect.)

Either way, stoked to hear this
I would LOVE for a Lights and Sounds vibe to the new record, but personally I don't think that's what we're going to get. From things that some of the members have been saying, and even some of the music they've been listening to, I feel like it's going to be a little heavier than the basic Yellowcard sound, but still, it won't stray too far. If that makes sense? I know whatever they end up putting out, fans will be happy with.

Also: I'm assuming that even though they've announced the new album will be released this Fall, we won't see a tour until the new year. I only say this because Sean's expecting a baby, but who knows. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong either.

All things put aside, it's obvious to see how excited the guys are about this material. And from past experiences, that more than enough reason to start getting ridiculously excited and expect big things.
03:36 PM on 03/31/14
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can't wait.
03:41 PM on 03/31/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
If it sounds like Lights and Sounds, I'm definitely in. That's tied with Ocean Avenue as my favorite YC record.
03:55 PM on 03/31/14
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
YC are such work horses. On board for this 100%.
03:56 PM on 03/31/14
Alexx Miller
Dominic Decoco
User Info.
Hoping they go heavier or do something a little different. I've grown a bit tired of their sound
04:00 PM on 03/31/14
mbarney82
User Info.
If it sounds like Lights and Sounds, I'm definitely in. That's tied with Ocean Avenue as my favorite YC record.
I agree. Lights and Sounds is so underratted.
04:03 PM on 03/31/14
cbronder1
Life Is Not A Waiting Room
User Info.
Can't wait for this!
04:15 PM on 03/31/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Could go either way (though I guess it's tough to mess up four chords and a violin). I'll stay optimistic and hope for another Lights & Sounds
04:26 PM on 03/31/14
WhaleSnake
User Info.
Wish they had written some songs after the drummer left. I was hoping that situation would have sparked some deep musical ideas, but i guess all these songs were written some time ago if theyre just getting into the studio now. Southern Air was great and i hope they keep that sonic momentum going.
05:39 PM on 03/31/14
heavyd
noireallydontcare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yellowcard has been one of my favorite bands for over a decade now. I'm sure I'll love whatever they put out next. However, I really wish they would venture outside their comfort zone when it comes to producers. Yes, Neal is great. There's other great producers that could help YC paint a different color. Maybe even exceed anything they could do with Avron. Aaron Sprinkle, Zack Odom and Kenneth Mount, Feldmann, Trombino, Norton, Wisner, Valentine... Anyone else.
07:37 PM on 03/31/14
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Here's all I hope for:

13 or more tracks. The last two albums, as great as they were, only had 10 each. I love that YC doesn't do filler, but Ocean Avenue, Lights, and Paper all had 13-14.
08:51 PM on 03/31/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm so glad to see that they're working with Avron again. First started listening to this back with One For The Kids, and to hear that jump and definition in sound to Ocean Ave is awesome. The balance between Ryan's voice, Sean's violin and drums have been perfect. I don't expect this new album to be too far off any of their previous work and I'm happy about that. Just straight up good music. Glad they're moving towards recording. And a few more tracks would be nice.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums