AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Emery News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Emery Crowdfund New Album "You Were Never Alone"

Posted by - 09:16 AM on 04/02/14
Emery have launched a crowdfunding campaign to help support their upcoming album, You Were Never Alone. It will be released this summer on BadChristian Music. The packages inlcude autographed merch, limited vinyl, personal fan experiences, and more. All packages come with downloads of two new, rough-version tracks from the upcoming album.
Something didn't feel right about someone else owning Emery's future recordings in perpetuity, especially when independent musicians are getting better opportunities to succeed every year. We want to own our music. We want to be able to sell it, give it away, re-record it in different ways, release vinyl, and do whatever we're inspired to do with it

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
09:20 AM on 04/02/14
Jolan
USA
User Info.
Are you listening!!!!!!!!?????
09:23 AM on 04/02/14
js977
js977
User Info.
few bands love and interact with their fans like emery
09:27 AM on 04/02/14
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Cool to see them break down the $50k piece by piece, cause that's a lot of money
09:35 AM on 04/02/14
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
$100 until a vinyl record appears.....
09:35 AM on 04/02/14
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
love this band. i have never once contributed to a crowd funding campaign, but i will contribute to this one. Emery's music has done more for me than just about any other band's music (3 way tie with Deftones and Dredg) throughout the years. from the first record to now, they have remained one of my favorite bands...and i love a lot of music, so that is a really tough category to be in.
09:44 AM on 04/02/14
claw1400
I want this to be my awakening
User Info.
I was highly considering this until I didn't see a vinyl record appear in any of the price ranges lower than $100 dollars. Really disappointed in that fact, though I do know it's a fairly expensive process getting vinyl pressed. If this album ends up sounding anything like ...In Shallow Seas We Sail, then I'll probably regret not throwing a bunch of money into it.
09:49 AM on 04/02/14
uberlou
User Info.
Quote:
If we reach our goal:
  • DEVIN SHELTON is back for this record
  • EMERY will tour this release
  • That tour will be centered around songs from The Question

That was the what tipped the scale for me. I love this band and everything they've done with Devin. The Question is hands down one of my favorite albums of all time. Contributing to new work AND a tour for The Question, i'm all in.
09:54 AM on 04/02/14
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia
User Info.
Once again a band puts the vinyl in a $100 package. I'd rather spend the $95 on Copeland's Lotus package for Ixora.
09:56 AM on 04/02/14
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
Haven't listened to this band since The Question and I'm actually surprised they are still around. Good for them
09:57 AM on 04/02/14
Spencer Control
So it goes.
User Info.
Love this band, glad to see the project is already well-supported. I might support this, we'll see.
09:57 AM on 04/02/14
xtbs7645x
User Info.
I might actually contribute to this one, high hopes for something remotely similar to In Shallow Seas.
10:05 AM on 04/02/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Haven't listened to this band since The Question and I'm actually surprised they are still around. Good for them

You should listen to In Shallow Seas We Sail, it's their best record yet.
10:07 AM on 04/02/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I contributed 10$ for a digital download. This band has always been humble and doing everything for the right reasons. With Devin on board, I'm sold!
10:34 AM on 04/02/14
topher465
every shining time you arrive
User Info.
Havent been into emery since "The Question." Wish that would change.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos