Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fall Out Boy
Inside AP.net

Ten Records That Changed Patrick Stump's Life

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/04/14)
Music Radar has posted a feature with Patrick Stump discussing the ten records that changed his life.
And from there, I ended up in a pop-punk band, exclusively because of Through Being Cool. There’s no chance I would have been in Fall Out Boy if it weren’t for this record.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
10:42 AM on 04/04/14
absolution
User Info.
Probably the same for a lot of bands (Say Anything, etc.)
11:16 AM on 04/04/14
gengen
Listen To Saves The Day
User Info.
The first part of my life was changed by Appetite for Destruction and the second part to Through Being Cool. I owe so much to that record. It really changed so much for me.
11:52 AM on 04/04/14
BozzBlonde
twitter.com/adeadgod
User Info.
Good list.
12:24 PM on 04/04/14
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
Probably the same for a lot of bands (Say Anything, etc.)
it might be the same for a lot of bands but i disagree about SA. patrick has a much bigger pop 'sensibility'. don't really think max would include thriller or the bowie one - think he might have dirtier, underground rock influences.

i could see the guys from panic! or the academy is or other fueled by ramen guys having a similar list.

when i look at the diversity of those guys' lists i really feel musically stupid. all my 10 life-changing records are scene, one way or another. FOB, MCR, JEW, NFG... i should listen to buddy holly or something, i guess.
05:16 PM on 04/04/14
AndrewSoup
It's A Secret To Everyone
User Info.

when i look at the diversity of those guys' lists i really feel musically stupid. all my 10 life-changing records are scene, one way or another. FOB, MCR, JEW, NFG... i should listen to buddy holly or something, i guess.

Hey, I feel the same way. Those are the albums I grew up with! I can appreciate those older records and artists, but they don't move me the same way some more recent records do.
FOB, YC, STD, TDS, and TBS (woo acronyms) those are the artists whose records were with me through high school and my young(er) years.
05:21 PM on 04/04/14
Greninja
Makes a Splash!
User Info.
it might be the same for a lot of bands but i disagree about SA. patrick has a much bigger pop 'sensibility'. don't really think max would include thriller or the bowie one - think he might have dirtier, underground rock influences.

i could see the guys from panic! or the academy is or other fueled by ramen guys having a similar list.

True, 90% of the music I listen to have performed at Warped Tour at some point.
05:30 PM on 04/04/14
absolution
User Info.

Mm, agree, I wasn't clear - meant specifically the STD record.
09:48 PM on 04/05/14
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.

To be fair I feel JEW transcended being just scene. I get the popularity of Bleed American but they continued on as a band people of all ages could enjoy.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums