Username
Password
TV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
TV
Inside AP.net

Daft Punk Featured on "Parks and Recreation"

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/04/14)
On last night's Parks and Recreation, Tom put on a Daft Punk helmet and the episode contained a great Lumineers joke. Check the clip in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
10:37 AM on 04/04/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:42 AM on 04/04/14
one eight two
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Shows been going downhill for years :/
10:53 AM on 04/04/14
assasiNATE
User Info.
no.
10:55 AM on 04/04/14
Charles777
Feeling groovy
User Info.
11:01 AM on 04/04/14
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
downhill from the first season? not possible
11:07 AM on 04/04/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:17 AM on 04/04/14
one eight two
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lol are you guys serious? The dialog doesn't seem contrived to you guys? Over explanations of obvious jokes? The characters are basically becoming parodies of themselves. Lazy writing in general. These arent exactly unpopular opinions...
11:22 AM on 04/04/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Lol are you guys serious? The dialog doesn't seem contrived to you guys? Over explain obvious jokes? The characters are basically becoming parodies of themselves. Lazy writing in general. These arent exactly unpopular opinions...
Last season was probably one of the best of the series. This season has been pretty damn good, the long breaks between episodes being my only complaint.
11:33 AM on 04/04/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Lol are you guys serious? The dialog doesn't seem contrived to you guys? Over explanations of obvious jokes? The characters are basically becoming parodies of themselves. Lazy writing in general. These arent exactly unpopular opinions...
lol the characters have always been complete parodies I'm not sure what you're expecting. that is what makes them all so great and interesting. Yet even with that there has been more character growth in Parks than all of CBS and most other comedies combined.

I get it, you need to feel validated by establishing how even a show like Parks and Rec is beneath your finely tuned comedic tastes but I mean, c'mon.
11:38 AM on 04/04/14
one eight two
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Last season was probably one of the best of the series. This season has been pretty damn good, the long breaks between episodes being my only complaint.
Yeah. It's not so much that the seasons are bad as wholes. There's just annoying cringey moments that are becoming more and more frequent. The episodes when Ron got sued for punching councilman Jamm in the face and when Leslie bailed out the video store last year were great.
11:51 AM on 04/04/14
one eight two
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lol the characters have always been complete parodies I'm not sure what you're expecting. that is what makes them all so great and interesting. Yet even with that there has been more character growth in Parks than all of CBS and most other comedies combined.

I get it, you need to feel validated by establishing how even a show like Parks and Rec is beneath your finely tuned comedic tastes but I mean, c'mon.
You obviously don't even understand what I'm saying. I'm not criticizing the characters for bring parodies of government workers or certain types of people. I'm criticizing them for becoming parodies of themselves. This is common for sitcoms that go on for so long. Certain character traits become more prevalent and they become more one-dementional. The characters and their arcs become more predictable. The most dramatic example of this is probably the Simpsons.
The fact that there's been more character growth in parks n rec than in any other CBS comedies or comedies in general doesn't mean anything. Most sitcoms on tv are complete garbage. And parks and rec isn't even on CBS.
I wasn't establishing that parks and rec is below me. I said its been going downhill. Not even close to the same thing. It's one of the only sitcoms on tv I watch still. Actually it's the only one with new episodes I watch except curb I think and arrested development if that counts since there will be new eps eventually.
11:53 AM on 04/04/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
but the character personalities haven't actually gotten more extreme. Andy was just as much of a lovable idiot in S1. Ron was just as much a hard core libertarian in S2. Leslie has always been bright eyed and impossibly stubborn. I think you're just fishing for reasons to hate.
12:21 PM on 04/04/14
morgantayler
We are all Tatiana Maslany.
User Info.
Yup.
12:23 PM on 04/04/14
one eight two
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
but the character personalities haven't actually gotten more extreme. Andy was just as much of a lovable idiot in S1. Ron was just as much a hard core libertarian in S2. Leslie has always been bright eyed and impossibly stubborn. I think you're just fishing for reasons to hate.
no,why would i look for reasons to hate a show i like? and as i've said before i don't hate it.
Andy is the most obvious actually. He's always been dumb but it wasn't that bad before. Now his level of stupidity is cartoonish. He's been real annoying for awhile.

Here's a perfect example of Ron's character trait of being a hardcore libertarian being more extreme now:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZuEtUdsHFI

yeah, he's always hated canada but before he was smart enough to know that you can't write a letter to a country. it was just a lazy attempt at a joke about ron not liking canada. it hurts his character by making him cartoonish and that also clashes with the realism of the show.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests