Username
Password
Books News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Books
Inside AP.net

Kiss Memoir Details Anti-Semitism of Bandmates

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/08/14)
According to the New York Post, the memoir by Kiss guitarist Paul Stanley, Face the Music, details anti-Semitism from bandmates Ace Frehley and Peter Criss.
Even more shocking are his accusations of anti-Semitism against the pair. Noting that Frehley owned a collection of Nazi memorabilia, and that some of his earliest experiences with Criss involved the drummer racially mocking waiters at Chinese restaurants, Stanley writes that Frehley and Criss resented him and Simmons for controlling the band’s creative output — which Stanley says occurred because Frehley and Criss’ songwriting contributions “just didn’t amount to much.”

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
10:56 AM on 04/08/14
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
This is a serious bummer to hear :(
11:04 AM on 04/08/14
kwhiteside01
User Info.
Just read the Rolling Stone cover article. The drama within this band is exhausting.
11:08 AM on 04/08/14
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fuck Peter Criss.
11:08 AM on 04/08/14
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Who even knows with all the hearsay circulating. Not saying this is false but jeez.
11:11 AM on 04/08/14
dejadegaussed
User Info.
"I didn't know Jews could sing like that"

"No. No. They couldn't at the time. That's why they had to dress like clowns."
11:17 AM on 04/08/14
joe.boy.fresh.
Registered Member
User Info.
"I didn't know Jews could sing like that"

"No. No. They couldn't at the time. That's why they had to dress like clowns."

Love that movie so much.
11:35 AM on 04/08/14
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
KISS: The original Dangerous Summer.
11:38 AM on 04/08/14
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
In The Garage will never be the same.
11:42 AM on 04/08/14
IWasHerHorse
User Info.
I'm not saying it's not true or that any of the KISS guys are cool or shitty, but this honestly sounds like a band in turmoil. "They always hated us because they hate jews and we're talented."
11:45 AM on 04/08/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
I'm not saying it's not true or that any of the KISS guys are cool or shitty, but this honestly sounds like a band in turmoil. "They always hated us because they hate jews and we're talented."

They've been in turmoil since the 70's.
11:54 AM on 04/08/14
gold soundz
User Info.
Paul and Gene have been bitter and jealous for YEARS. People want to see the classic lineup and this book conveniently came out right before the Rock & Roll hall of fame where the fans wanted to see the original band. Stupid publicity stunt to sell copies and create a negative vibe to have the fans turn on the other two guys.
11:59 AM on 04/08/14
IWasHerHorse
User Info.
They've been in turmoil since the 70's.
Yeah I know, but I think this happens a lot when people are close then have a falling out, the accusations can get extreme.

Like he mentions drug use and racially mocking others, I'd bet money the other dudes have similar stories about Stanley. Does that make them all racists/anti-semites/assholes/addicts? maybe, but it could also be people who have lived through numerous years of wild, crazy shit retrospectively looking back at those they've fell out with and labeling them for particular moments.

I don't really know though, I never met them. Maybe Peter Criss has a swastika tattoo or something.
12:10 PM on 04/08/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
Yeah I know, but I think this happens a lot when people are close then have a falling out, the accusations can get extreme.

Like he mentions drug use and racially mocking others, I'd bet money the other dudes have similar stories about Stanley. Does that make them all racists/anti-semites/assholes/addicts? maybe, but it could also be people who have lived through numerous years of wild, crazy shit retrospectively looking back at those they've fell out with and labeling them for particular moments.

I don't really know though, I never met them. Maybe Peter Criss has a swastika tattoo or something.
Agreed, I think this was all "sleeping dogs" until the HOF announcement. the memoirs and the giant KISS push that Rolling Stone went on. Unfortunate for sure. As much as people rag on KISS, they have some real classic tracks.
12:34 PM on 04/08/14
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
KISS: The original Dangerous Summer.
Honestly if you got Guns N Roses, The Dangerous Summer, and Kiss now in the same room, that'd be a hell of a lot of drama.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests