AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

From First to Last News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Periphery Frontman Clarifies Position in From First To Last

Posted by - 08:00 PM on 04/09/14
Periphery frontman Spencer Sotelo made a post to clarify his position as the singer of From First to Last.
There has been a lot of speculation regarding the recent announcement of my involvement with From First To Last. I would like to make it clear that I wanted to join them in creating an EP for fun. I met the guys at Taylor Larsonís studio while recording personal music around the same time the band was in the studio. We got along really well and decided it would be fun to work on something together, which lead to me doing vocals on their EP. Iím really honored to work with From First To Last and be a part of this EP as something Iím doing on the side while Periphery is writing. However this, in no way, affects my commitment and position in Periphery or any of our new material. Periphery has and will always be my main focus. Iím really excited to have this time and make music with Periphery and From First To Last. Thanks to everyone who has showed me their support. Love you guys!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
08:03 PM on 04/09/14
ActOfPeace
User Info.
weird!

FFTL couple last move are hard to understand
08:05 PM on 04/09/14
Jasonhxc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This should be awesome.
08:05 PM on 04/09/14
buk182
User Info.
If he plays shows with fftl he will quit when he sees those nice paychecks from shows.
08:23 PM on 04/09/14
xSpillFiction
Mama, I'm Satan
User Info.
it blows my mind that FFTL is still a band.
08:26 PM on 04/09/14
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
I didn't even realize how weird this must be for periphery fans until now, cant imagine they're familiar or would ever listen to fftl.
08:30 PM on 04/09/14
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
As a fan of both bands, I still like this idea.
08:40 PM on 04/09/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
it blows my mind that FFTL is still a band.

They just got back together recently. Shouldn't be too surprising.
08:54 PM on 04/09/14
Amongster
Again And Again
User Info.
They just got back together recently. Shouldn't be too surprising.
Surprises me they thought it would be worth it to get back together. I love FFTL, but I can't really forsee their fanbase growing.
08:58 PM on 04/09/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
Surprises me they thought it would be worth it to get back together. I love FFTL, but I can't really forsee their fanbase growing.

Me neither. But I could say the same about a lot of bands that get back together. They will make a quick buck and be able to relive the glory days for a while.
09:02 PM on 04/09/14
canvasofwinter
User Info.
Maybe they… enjoy playing together as a band?
09:12 PM on 04/09/14
Amongster
Again And Again
User Info.
Maybe they… enjoy playing together as a band?

I don't doubt they do.
09:14 PM on 04/09/14
thetruthisvile
..but vital to this cause.
User Info.
This is so, so, so weird to me. If I'm understanding it correctly, Travis and Matt are the only two original members who are a part of this - and now Matt isn't even singing? Like I said on the last thread, it's a total bait and switch.
09:22 PM on 04/09/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I don't know how much they'll grow (although they'll probably attract some Periphery fans now), but their fanbase is still pretty strong based on their Kickstarter success.
09:24 PM on 04/09/14
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
Sing Matt Good Sing! Im hoping Matt sings a little bit, Im still mad he didnt on the D.R.U.G.S release but that probably wasn't even his deciding. I hope they use Spencer as a three way vocal band like they did on Dear Diary, having Sonny & Matt go back to back and Travis screaming that formula was my favorite. Stoked regardless, these are some talented dudes.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos