AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Epitaph Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Menzingers Have You Pegged

Posted by - 12:31 PM on 04/10/14
Tom May of The Menzingers talked with Blare Magazine about the band's upcoming album, Rented World.
If there was something we were actually worried about, it would be that the punk community tends to shun what comes next for a band after they release a successful album. If a relatively unknown band releases a good album people like to jump on that because they like to feel like they’re a part of something and then they’re immediately on their guard for the next release.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
12:33 PM on 04/10/14
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If it's good, it's good. Don't let elitist assholes tell you otherwise. The Menzingers is one of the truest "punk" bands to come out in a very long time.
12:37 PM on 04/10/14
hometownblues_
Sam
User Info.
The sad thing is he's dead on.
12:49 PM on 04/10/14
Chalie22
User Info.
Exactly dead on comments, comes under the whole I liked the 7 inch and demo better routine.
12:58 PM on 04/10/14
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Still not caving to the leak, so stoked for when it drops.
01:06 PM on 04/10/14
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
The good thing in this scenario is the album is a fantastic followup.
01:09 PM on 04/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
the three-record run that this band has accomplished with chamberlain waits / on the impossible past / rented world is just incredible for any band. it puts them in legendary company...getting three records in a row this good is not a common feat.
01:14 PM on 04/10/14
BlackTaxi2d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
aside from a few songs, the band has completely lost their edge on the new album. i actually can't listen to it without feeling annoyed and angry. and that one song that sounds like bob dylan...
01:19 PM on 04/10/14
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
the three-record run that this band has accomplished with chamberlain waits / on the impossible past / rented world is just incredible for any band. it puts them in legendary company...getting three records in a row this good is not a common feat.
I agree completely. I only just listened to Chamberlain for the first time this past week and had one of those "where have you been all my life?" moments.
01:20 PM on 04/10/14
cmcginn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
aside from a few songs, the band has completely lost their edge on the new album. i actually can't listen to it without feeling annoyed and angry. and that one song that sounds like bob dylan...
We found one! "#teenangst"

No, but seriously I hope this is a joke. In fact, I'm just going to pretend it is. Long live The Menzingers.
01:22 PM on 04/10/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
The points he makes are unfortunately true. This is a great group of guys who continue to make the music they love and do it well. I only hope that Rented World shows more replay value in the near future.
01:22 PM on 04/10/14
feelgoodside
Yes, yes I am.
User Info.
I think I'm going to cave on the leak. I don't expect it to be able to hold up to The Impossible Past. I think I'll like it, but whenever I visit this site Thomas is hyping the hell out of some stuff that I think is just meh.
01:35 PM on 04/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
you mean the closing song? the one that goes, "where do people go when they die? / how do you keep them alive? / how do you make sure that something like this won't ever happen again? / not to any other friend"? those lyrics = yuk?
01:35 PM on 04/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I think I'm going to cave on the leak. I don't expect it to be able to hold up to The Impossible Past. I think I'll like it, but whenever I visit this site Thomas is hyping the hell out of some stuff that I think is just meh.
you clearly agree with some things that i am "hyping the hell out of"
01:55 PM on 04/10/14
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love the two song they've released and I'm sure I'll love the whole album, I just want to see how it will hold up against "Oh, Common Life" in terms of AOTY.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos