My Space Invaders - 03.31.14
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
My Space Invaders
1. How did you get your band name?
Our drummer Bardy decided the name of the band, he mixed “Space Invaders” and “MySpace” the most popular social network of that period!
2. How did this band get started?
The project was born from an idea of Bardy in 2007. He felt much the growing importance of social networks in everyday life and composed a concept album (666 Hi Score) from the sounds so varied but mainly characterized by a component punk-rock.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are influenced by many bands: Blink 182, Metallica, Green Day, Sum 41, The Offspring, System Of A Down, MXPX, Get Up Kids, NOFX and many more…
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
NoFx and Elvis Jackson! They know how to have fun!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Actually snickers are our main source for survival, but we also appreciate typical food.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People listen to a lot of shit. Why not ours?
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Don’t know, let’s first figure out how to win a Grammy!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Of course the name! Why call it music industry and not industry of music?
10. Memorable tour experience?
With Hogwash in Russia, we have been almost hit by a big and large freight train! That was scary shit man!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Means that the fact that you exist gives me the opportunity to talk about my passion!
12. What is your favourite song to play?
It’s “Teenage Dirtbag” by Wheatus, where Bardy goes to play guitar and sing the song and Johnny takes his place at drums!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
We can answer you with one of our songs: “The Tent!”
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Beatles for most of us.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I’d love to be the invisible man and push all the don’t push buttons!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We think that jerk off is really important for the success of the show.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Johnny can’t swallow certain vegetables, Bardy loves trains, Kelly still doesn’t know who’s Angus Young and I smell like goulash when we practice!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Our official position is don’t have an official position. In Italy mainstream radios play only pop music and some classic rock, there is not room for punk rock… Let’s move to local radios.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We all guys make different thing, I like to chill on my couch, if you know what I mean…
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Me and Bardy can spit bubbles made of saliva! No bullshit.